Quick question on DEA license application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nighthawk2551

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
When applying for new DEA license, for mailing address should I put my home address? I assume this is where they would send the license, but I just want to make sure this information isn't made public at all. For example, for my medical license my state makes the business address public but not the mailing address. Wondering if DEA license works the same way. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

And if you have multiple states you practice in or even multiple jobs that occupy a notable amount of time, you need a different DEA number.

If you only have one job, you move to different state, you can log in and update your address to keep the same DEA number. Once had a job tell me I had to get a new one, they were wrong.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
And if you have multiple states you practice in or even multiple jobs that occupy a notable amount of time, you need a different DEA number.

If you only have one job, you move to different state, you can log in and update your address to keep the same DEA number. Once had a job tell me I had to get a new one, they were wrong.

How long does it take to change your DEA number from one state to another? I've heard about 4 weeks but your comment makes it sound like you can change it same day?