Quick question on UF essay please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BiomajorPreDent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just finishing up my supplemental essay for UF...and theres no word limit or guideline on the sheet you are suppose to paste your text to. There seems to be enough room for 2 pages of 12pt times new roman font, because I have 1 page on Word and it takes up only half of the page

Did you guys fill up the entire UF sheet or only half? I have a nice essay I think but it looks so small covering only half of the given paper. I could always submit it as a separate sheet but that just makes it more likely to get lost.

?? any views?

Members don't see this ad.

Mine was two pages double spaced. I didn't fill in the box.

Mine looked tiny when I copied and pasted it into the box. It wasn't even a full page in word. And it was maybe half of the text box that I pasted it into.. The font is so tiny when you print it!! Only so much can be said before you border on being redundant, verbose, or just plain boring! :p

Members don't see this ad :)
thats what i figured...it didnt even copy the double spacing when I pasted it in..

when did UF send you guys the secondary?? my aadsas mailed out 7/2 and i havent heard ANYTHING from them...how long after your mailing did they contact you?>

Mine was mailed 7/2. On 7/13 they emailed me saying they received my app. On 7/17 they requested the supp app through email.

I got the supplemental on the 28th, I dont remember when I submitted to AADSAS but its in my sig (which only showed up once at the top of the page so you have to scroll up)

Has anyone that has returned their secondary heard anything back yet?

The secondary typically comes with an interview invite (at least that is what happened with mine). I had my interview 7/28, so I will not hear anything until 12/1.

what did you guys write about for the essay? Would writing about the challenge of dentistry and how that intrigues me be wrong?

Has anyone that has returned their secondary heard anything back yet?

I mailed mine 7/28 from in state, and they invited me yesterday to interview on Aug 13. :eek:

The secondary typically comes with an interview invite (at least that is what happened with mine). I had my interview 7/28, so I will not hear anything until 12/1.

I don't think that's true Matt, I think you were one of the lucky few! :p

They recieved my app on July 6th and sent me a supplemental August 2nd.

this is three years old lol... I haven't heard from them :(

Any tips? I have my interview at the end of the month.

My app was sent out 7/6 and around 7/18 I got a request for supplement and interview (for July 31st, but had to reschedule) So now I'm interviewing aug 31st. Not really sure if this helps at all!