BiomajorPreDent

10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2008
Status
Dental Student
I am just finishing up my supplemental essay for UF...and theres no word limit or guideline on the sheet you are suppose to paste your text to. There seems to be enough room for 2 pages of 12pt times new roman font, because I have 1 page on Word and it takes up only half of the page

Did you guys fill up the entire UF sheet or only half? I have a nice essay I think but it looks so small covering only half of the given paper. I could always submit it as a separate sheet but that just makes it more likely to get lost.

?? any views?

sugarsting

10+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Mine was two pages double spaced. I didn't fill in the box.

hsk

Jul 26, 2009
Florida
Status
Dental Student
Mine looked tiny when I copied and pasted it into the box. It wasn't even a full page in word. And it was maybe half of the text box that I pasted it into.. The font is so tiny when you print it!! Only so much can be said before you border on being redundant, verbose, or just plain boring! :p

OP
B

BiomajorPreDent

10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2008
Status
Dental Student
thats what i figured...it didnt even copy the double spacing when I pasted it in..

hammieDDS

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2008
Status
when did UF send you guys the secondary?? my aadsas mailed out 7/2 and i havent heard ANYTHING from them...how long after your mailing did they contact you?>

sugarsting

10+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Mine was mailed 7/2. On 7/13 they emailed me saying they received my app. On 7/17 they requested the supp app through email.

OP
B

BiomajorPreDent

10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2008
Status
Dental Student
I got the supplemental on the 28th, I dont remember when I submitted to AADSAS but its in my sig (which only showed up once at the top of the page so you have to scroll up)

Leebo

10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Has anyone that has returned their secondary heard anything back yet?

Matt2010

10+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
The secondary typically comes with an interview invite (at least that is what happened with mine). I had my interview 7/28, so I will not hear anything until 12/1.

gatorPredent

10+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2008
Florida
Status
Pre-Dental
what did you guys write about for the essay? Would writing about the challenge of dentistry and how that intrigues me be wrong?

sugarsting

10+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Has anyone that has returned their secondary heard anything back yet?
I mailed mine 7/28 from in state, and they invited me yesterday to interview on Aug 13. :eek:

The secondary typically comes with an interview invite (at least that is what happened with mine). I had my interview 7/28, so I will not hear anything until 12/1.
I don't think that's true Matt, I think you were one of the lucky few! :p

Feb 24, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
this is three years old lol... I haven't heard from them :(

Jul 26, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
Any tips? I have my interview at the end of the month.

Feb 24, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
Any tips? I have my interview at the end of the month.
When was your application complete? if you don't mind me asking

Jul 26, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
My app was sent out 7/6 and around 7/18 I got a request for supplement and interview (for July 31st, but had to reschedule) So now I'm interviewing aug 31st. Not really sure if this helps at all!