zurc2014

5+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Hi!

I just finally got my DO letter uploaded to Interfolio and need to get this to DO schools like...yesterday lol
Question: Do I have to send it to schools via Interfolio one by one? I applied to 26 DO schools and that's too expensive! Can I send it to AACOMAS even tho I have a MD uploaded there plus Im currently already under review at several schools? I don't want to upload it to AACOMAS if they will not see it for whatever reason. Advice? Anyone else going through this? Hopefully I can send it to AACOMAS only and be fine.

BunnyMan17

5+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2014
Status
Medical Student
You can upload whatever you want to AACOMAS. When you do your secondary there's usually a spot where you name the letter writers you want to designate for that school. Then that school takes said list and pulls the specified letters from AACOMAS. It's worked for me so far. I wouldn't send letters straight to DO schools via interfolio, that could get kinda expensive.

OP
zurc2014

zurc2014

5+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2014
Status
Medical Student
You can upload whatever you want to AACOMAS. When you do your secondary there's usually a spot where you name the letter writers you want to designate for that school. Then that school takes said list and pulls the specified letters from AACOMAS. It's worked for me so far. I wouldn't send letters straight to DO schools via interfolio, that could get kinda expensive.
But I've completed soooo many secondaries before I knew I was getting this letter. Should I call them to add a letter writer to my submitted secondaries?

BunnyMan17

5+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Each school has their own rules for secondaries/updates. You'll have to check with each one to see if they'll take it