Quick question regarding credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DoctorCopper

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some med schools state they require 8 semester units/12 quarter units each of Biology, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Physics.

My school is on the quarter system and each Organic Chemistry and General Biology Class is 6 units. For Fall 2008, I took an Organic Chemistry class worth 6 units and I am registered for Winter 2009, Quarter II Organic Chemistry course.

Does this mean I only need Winter quarter Organic Chemistry and will I only need two quarters of General Biology?

Happy New Year,

Copper
 
Last edited:
I think you're good for the school's that explicitly require 12 quarter credits. But I believe some schools ask for 1 year (~30 weeks) of bio, chem, etc. So take all 3 quarters.

Better yet, ask your advisor. He or she would know what previous premeds did.