Quick Question Regarding FASFA 2013-2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iDentastic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering, do we need to apply for FAFSA? Is that how we qualify to get stafford/direct and grad plus loans? If not, is there even a point of filling out a FAFSA application since we probably won't get any money based on financial need unless it's a scholarship, right?

If we should apply for FAFSA, when do we do this for the upcoming 2013-2014 year?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Deadline to submit a FAFSA is Feb 14 to qualify for 2013-2014 school year. You have to fill one out to be eligible for any government loans, not grants but loans. So unsubsidized gov loans. Submitting a FAFSA does not bind you into accepting the loans.

Deadline to submit a FAFSA is Feb 14 to qualify for 2013-2014 school year. You have to fill one out to be eligible for any government loans, not grants but loans. So unsubsidized gov loans. Submitting a FAFSA does not bind you into accepting the loans.

The deadline is usually May-June, I forgot to fill mine out one year and submitted it in August, but yes you still need it for all loans. It is free to do and only takes a few minutes if you have done it before.

Members don't see this ad :)
The deadline is definitely not February. Most people haven't even filed their taxes by February. None the less, FAFSA is required in order to be eligible for loans/grants/scholarships etc.

Hi levi111, I'm guessing you're new to SDN. You've been asking the same question on several different threads and no one's been answering them because you're posting on threads that were started by others. People are answering their questions instead of yours.

Scroll all the way to the bottom and click "New Thread". Post your question and I'm sure you'll get plenty of replies in no time. :) My opinion is that your stats seem pretty decent. PAT is on the lower side, some schools like UCLA put a lot of emphasis on that. It really depends on the school you're applying to and other aspects of your application. Those stats would probably land you an interview if you have really good extracurricular activities and are unique enough to stand out. If you don't have a lot of EC, I would say your DAT needs to be higher.

thanks but i dont see the new thread thing where is it

Oh my goodness, what a wake-up call. Thanks for the heads up!