quick question

sarim tanveer

Reaction score
i want to know whether you absolutely NEED a bsc degree to get into medical. i'm a highschool student who got into york Kinsiology. I know that you can do your MCAT early and apply for MD as soon as 2 years in. i want to know that if get accepted 2 years in, do i have to finish my kinsiology degree or can i leave 2 years early since a kin degree is pretty useless.

Members don't see this ad.

sarim tanveer said:
i want to know whether you absolutely NEED a bsc degree to get into medical. i'm a highschool student who got into york Kinsiology. I know that you can do your MCAT early and apply for MD as soon as 2 years in. i want to know that if get accepted 2 years in, do i have to finish my kinsiology degree or can i leave 2 years early since a kin degree is pretty useless.[
Hi sarim,
You want to obtain a copy of the MSAR (Medical School Admissions Requirements). It is a book (online format) for $28 on the AAMC website. Certain schools do NOT require a degree in order for you to be admitted to medical school (they just require 3 or so years of college courses, including the pre-reqs). Other schools WILL require a degree.

As was said above, you will need to do the elbow work yourself to find out what the requirements are for D.O. schools.

Have you taken the MCAT yet?