• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

quick question

sarim tanveer

May 20, 2020
  1. Non-Student
i want to know whether you absolutely NEED a bsc degree to get into medical. i'm a highschool student who got into york Kinsiology. I know that you can do your MCAT early and apply for MD as soon as 2 years in. i want to know that if get accepted 2 years in, do i have to finish my kinsiology degree or can i leave 2 years early since a kin degree is pretty useless.

jhmmd

supernatural
Apr 28, 2020
desert highway
sarim tanveer said:
i want to know whether you absolutely NEED a bsc degree to get into medical. i'm a highschool student who got into york Kinsiology. I know that you can do your MCAT early and apply for MD as soon as 2 years in. i want to know that if get accepted 2 years in, do i have to finish my kinsiology degree or can i leave 2 years early since a kin degree is pretty useless.[
Hi sarim,
You want to obtain a copy of the MSAR (Medical School Admissions Requirements). It is a book (online format) for $28 on the AAMC website. Certain schools do NOT require a degree in order for you to be admitted to medical school (they just require 3 or so years of college courses, including the pre-reqs). Other schools WILL require a degree.

As was said above, you will need to do the elbow work yourself to find out what the requirements are for D.O. schools.

Have you taken the MCAT yet?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.