quick question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crave888

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My AACOMAS application was just sent out today to 6 schools, including NOVA. Now, I have a 19 R and a 3.6 GPA.. do I have any chance at NOVA at all?
Also, I am a little unfamiliar with this process. WIll all schools require me to fill out secondaries, or are they going to give me their decision immediately, meaning if its a rejection?

THANK YOU :)

Members don't see this ad.

The 19 on the MCAT makes it very unlikely that you'll have much of a chance, unless of course you have some sort of in.

Some schools will reject you right away if they have minimum numbers to receive a secondary, but it's more than likely that the majority of schools will have you fill out a secondary anyways.

Best of luck.

Hey everyone,

My AACOMAS application was just sent out today to 6 schools, including NOVA. Now, I have a 19 R and a 3.6 GPA.. do I have any chance at NOVA at all?

The Class of 2010 had a 3.54 average GPA, so that's in line. But...your MCAT is nearly 7 points below the avarage for the class, so it's really unlikely that they'll even look at you...unless you are the dean's son or something.

Its possible that some schools may even interview you, though, and that might be good experience for the next cycle. But until you improve the MCAT, it's very unlikely.