Quick Question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

feri

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody knows where can I buy"
Official Guide to Dental Schools 2010: For Students Entering in Fall 2011"

with cheapest price and fastest way!????:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
order from adea website for me it took 2 days.

Is this book very important to buy? can I use the 2009 version? Or are there any differences between version 2009&2010!?

i m not sure. i mean its should be the same except for slight stats increase.

Is the book really that helpful? I have already applied, so I'm not sure how the stats would help me... would it still help me maybe for interviews? Does it have a lot of information about each school? About dentistry in general?

Is the book really that helpful? I have already applied, so I'm not sure how the stats would help me... would it still help me maybe for interviews? Does it have a lot of information about each school? About dentistry in general?

im curious about this as well

Well if you have already applied i dont see how this book can help you.

But here are some reasons how it could have helped you. You can discriminate schools even though some say oos friendly they only accept from certain states, you can see the states and the # of students they accept from that specific state. There is a lot of VALUABLE information. You can see what kind of people they accept. But now after you applied I dont think its that valuable i say this b/c it might freak you out on some of the decisions that you have maid.

The way i see it is if you are applying to 15 schools you are close to spending 3k a 35$ book shouldn't be a problem. esoecially if its going to guide you making smart decisions based on accurate research.
I am happy I brought the book. It helped me choose my schools. Before the book I have made my decisions looking at predents and ADEA score range sheet. Then after the book I had to cross out more than half of my list b/c they are just not my match.

after you apply the rest of the info can be found on the net so IMO no need for the book. ONLY AFTER YOU APPLY.

OK, Its going to be LATE!!! I order the book but they out of stuck!!!! can I use the 2009 version(pdf) instead! ...

why not u can still use 2k9 version.

I would def spend the $35 and buy this book. I never even had Kentucky on my radar before I read about the school in the ADEA guide. But thankfully, I compared my stats to those of the entering class and added them to my list of schools to apply to.

It is much easier to weed out certain schools that you see aren't very oos friendly or don't admit students with your stats. If you don't have the extra cash to spend try checking with your pre-health advisor, he or she may have a copy you can look at and/or borrow.

Hi I am just curious what does this book tell you as an entering student?