Quick Questions about CAP Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bearie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) If I'm a PGY-3 fasttracking ranking now, is my program completeion 2017 (when i'd start child) or 2018 (when i'd otherwise finish adult training)?

2) Can I list programs where I did not interview? Does the program have to rank me somewhere in order for me to match or can I add additional ones that might otherwise have unfilled slots?

Members don't see this ad.

1. Program completion for what? What are you filling out? If loans, it would be when you finish fellowship, so June 30, 2018.
2. No. And yes. If you don't match, THEN you can try to scramble at programs with open slots.

You finish adult residency/complete your program in 2017, you are board eligible in 2018 after your first year of fellowship if that helps.

2) Can I list programs where I did not interview? Does the program have to rank me somewhere in order for me to match or can I add additional ones that might otherwise have unfilled slots?
It's the same as the residency match. You can rank any program you want, but if they didn't rank you then you won't match there. You can still go there if it's a position you work on outside the match or if you fail to match and the program fails to fill.