Quick questions

Started by Nette2014
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nette2014

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am about to become an incoming junior and I couldn't take classes this summer because I could not afford it since I do not have a job... Would that penalized me for pharmacy school?

I just raised my overall to a 3.4 also so my gpa isn't strong and I did not take the PCAT yet.

Oh yeah I was just hired at this restaurant called Logans and the boss terminated me on the third day because he do not think waitressing is for me because I am shy. Would this penalize me too since they do background checks? And now I can't save money to take classes during this summer.
Should I just try to find a volunteer job in the hospital if I can't get a retail?

Sorry guys for these questions I'm just so stress out🙁
 
I am about to become an incoming junior and I couldn't take classes this summer because I could not afford it since I do not have a job... Would that penalized me for pharmacy school?

Not unless it puts you way behind to where you won't have pre-reqs done on time.

Oh yeah I was just hired at this restaurant called Logans and the boss terminated me on the third day because he do not think waitressing is for me because I am shy. Would this penalize me too since they do background checks?

If they call previous employers, maybe.

And now I can't save money to take classes during this summer.
Should I just try to find a volunteer job in the hospital if I can't get a retail?

Volunteering at a hospital could be a good start.

Being shy is something you can work on with the right people.

I still get nervous talking in front of people I don't even know, but I do it anyway because I need to for jobs and school stuff.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The waitress thing is not going to affect you in any way, shape, or form - so relax about that. 🙂 It is a shame you lost the job though, I think working with the public is a great way to overcome shyness.

Otherwise I agree with bob, so I am not going to repeat the rest of his post. 😉

And 3.4 is pretty darn good. 👍
 
They will only know you worked at Logan's IF you tell them. I would submit that working there 3 days + being fired would be a terrible idea to put it on your application.
 
I am about to become an incoming junior and I couldn't take classes this summer because I could not afford it since I do not have a job... Would that penalized me for pharmacy school?

I just raised my overall to a 3.4 also so my gpa isn't strong and I did not take the PCAT yet.

Oh yeah I was just hired at this restaurant called Logans and the boss terminated me on the third day because he do not think waitressing is for me because I am shy. Would this penalize me too since they do background checks? And now I can't save money to take classes during this summer.
Should I just try to find a volunteer job in the hospital if I can't get a retail?

Sorry guys for these questions I'm just so stress out🙁
I'm sorry to hear about your job loss but no worries! Volunteering does amazing things inside our body or at least that's what I learned from taking human development lol. If you cant find volunteer work at a hospital, check to see if you have any military bases near you because they will take volunteers to help in the pharmacies. I was shy myself and STILL am ugh its like a disease lol. Some things you cannot overcome because its built in you from all your past experiences but it can definitely be alleviated. I think volunteering has made me less shy and it can for you too. And that will help you in interviews.
 
Oh yeah I was just hired at this restaurant called Logans and the boss terminated me on the third day because he do not think waitressing is for me because I am shy. Would this penalize me too since they do background checks? And now I can't save money to take classes during this summer.
Should I just try to find a volunteer job in the hospital if I can't get a retail?

Erm.....aren't background checks to make sure you are all cleared of any criminal activity?

Getting fired for being shy is not illegal 😵
 
I'm sorry to hear about your job loss but no worries! Volunteering does amazing things inside our body or at least that's what I learned from taking human development lol. If you cant find volunteer work at a hospital, check to see if you have any military bases near you because they will take volunteers to help in the pharmacies. I was shy myself and STILL am ugh its like a disease lol. Some things you cannot overcome because its built in you from all your past experiences but it can definitely be alleviated. I think volunteering has made me less shy and it can for you too. And that will help you in interviews.
Thank you I am going to start looking for volunteer positions and I was trying to overcome my shyness but it was so hard:scared:

Erm.....aren't background checks to make sure you are all cleared of any criminal activity?

Getting fired for being shy is not illegal 😵
Thank you:laugh:

And thanks everyone else I appreciate it😍
 
I am about to become an incoming junior and I couldn't take classes this summer because I could not afford it since I do not have a job... Would that penalized me for pharmacy school?

I just raised my overall to a 3.4 also so my gpa isn't strong and I did not take the PCAT yet.

Oh yeah I was just hired at this restaurant called Logans and the boss terminated me on the third day because he do not think waitressing is for me because I am shy. Would this penalize me too since they do background checks? And now I can't save money to take classes during this summer.
Should I just try to find a volunteer job in the hospital if I can't get a retail?

Sorry guys for these questions I'm just so stress out🙁

Volunteering sucks IMO. You should try applying to CVS or Walgreens and get a job as a tech. No need for certification since they will actually make you go to classes and take a test at the end to be a pharm tech.
 
3.4 is really good. Let's be real: this is pharmacy school, not medical school. You can get into pharm school with less than a 3.0 so stop worrying. That 3.4 would possibly get you into a DO program with the right credentials.