Quick Review?

Discussion in 'Urology' started by Sarcoidosis, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Sarcoidosis

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi, about to start my urology elective and wanted to know what I should review quickly to have the basics, before starting...

2. Trinity12

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  3. Tori's dad

Tori's dad Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I got a pocket book for urology from some drug rep and it was a decent review of basic terms. Its not a bad idea to have one in your pocket. Learn about the type of tests used for diseases such as upj obstruction, stones, and cancers of all types related to the GU system. Review your anatomy in context of the surgeries you might assist on: know the borders of the external iliac lymph node dissection for staging of prostate cancer, and surgical landmarks of dissection during a partial or radical nephrectomy. The best piece of advice might be to understand what good medical students have done in the past to contribute to the team and do that, maybe even improve upon it, and you will score points! Good luck!!

4. Sarcoidosis

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    thank you, I need more of such advice... going to go over some of these things Tori's Dad...

I really don't want to buy a $50 pocket book, will carry my medicine pocket book and then some pages of info...

5. Trinity12

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Well, I guess it depends what you're doing an elective for. If it's because you're applying to uro, then it's worth the $. I still use it in residency.

6. socmob

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Urology Secrets is a pretty good review book - great reviews on amazon.