Quick turn-around!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lfribble

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I just got an acceptance letter for LECOM-Erie! I just interviewed Monday, they said it'd be 2.5 weeks!! I have a home for the fall!!!! What a relief!

kealaq

Child, Adolescent & Adult Psychiatrist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! That was lightning quick! Best of luck to you at LECOM.

spicedmanna

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an acceptance letter for LECOM-Erie! I just interviewed Monday, they said it'd be 2.5 weeks!! I have a home for the fall!!!! What a relief!

Woo-hoo! Congratulations, future doctor! :thumbup:

krbirc03

krbirc03
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
awesome, might see you there in the fall??

eclipsedasunder

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I also just received an acceptance letter from LECOM-Erie. Same story as LFribble - interviewed monday (2/19) - letter came today dated 2/19. No more MCATs yay!

ScootDoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It was a quick turn around because the are scrapping for students. (Not that it has any baring on what caliber of student you may be) I have heard nothing but shady stories about LECOM. I didn't even bother with their secondary. Good Luck with things though. I am sure no matter what problems the school has you'll become a doctor regardless.

Doctor Bagel

so cheap and juicy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It was a quick turn around because the are scrapping for students. (Not that it has any baring on what caliber of student you may be) I have heard nothing but shady stories about LECOM. I didn't even bother with their secondary. Good Luck with things though. I am sure no matter what problems the school has you'll become a doctor regardless.

I don't think this is the most appropriate or helpful post here. :rolleyes:

Congrats, op!

CTrainSJU

MS I
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whoa........mood officially killed

Members don't see this ad :)

Lfribble

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does kill the mood a bit, but in the end, we'll be doctors. I've heard some negative comments as well, though I must say that they all come from this board, not the students I have met else where online. My mood isn't killed, I'm still excited!

GreenShirt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Lfribble and eclipsedasunder! I interviewed on 2/19 as well, but I haven't heard anything yet. There seems to be so many negetive posts on SDN about LECOM, but I found most of them to be untrue when I visited the campus on Monday. The school is cheap, has a high pass rate on the USMLE's and really allows students to pick a learning pathway that bets suits their learning style.

Lfribble

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've spoken to a lot of people from LECOm from myspace or whereever and really the only place I've heard negative comments is from this board. I know there was a cheating thing recently in LDP and everyone who didn't report it got a failing grade on a test, maybe that has really colored people's opinions lately. Otherwise, I think anyone would be hard pressed to find a school where nobody had any complaints. Take it with a grain of salt I'd say. Good luck from hearing back. I remember you from the interview :)

poormansDO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Congratulations!!!!!I am interviewing in a week, I am really hoping I get accepted, I hope I get as quick a turnaround as you. Was your interview with a panel or one on one?

I've spoken to a lot of people from LECOm from myspace or whereever and really the only place I've heard negative comments is from this board. I know there was a cheating thing recently in LDP and everyone who didn't report it got a failing grade on a test, maybe that has really colored people's opinions lately. Otherwise, I think anyone would be hard pressed to find a school where nobody had any complaints. Take it with a grain of salt I'd say. Good luck from hearing back. I remember you from the interview :)

WHAT??? Care to expand on that please?

MCATTT

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats....... :laugh:

P.S: Hello, doctormom, long time no see on SDN. How is everything?

eclipsedasunder

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!!!!!I am interviewing in a week, I am really hoping I get accepted, I hope I get as quick a turnaround as you. Was your interview with a panel or one on one?

My interview was with a panel of two.

DoctorMom78

Sky Glory
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats....... :laugh:

P.S: Hello, doctormom, long time no see on SDN. How is everything?

Hey! I know! We were in Tennessee for about a week looking for a house and a job for my husband. We found both and now I am home and back to SDN! I missed everyone! Everything is great! :love: :D

GreenShirt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got my acceptance letter today. Unfortunately, they put me in LDP. 8hrs of mandatory lecture a day (*ugh*). Hmmm....cheap tuition vs. mental sanity....not sure which to chose.

Doctor Bagel

so cheap and juicy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got my acceptance letter today. Unfortunately, they put me in LDP. 8hrs of mandatory lecture a day (*ugh*). Hmmm....cheap tuition vs. mental sanity....not sure which to chose.

Mental sanity. Really, if you're not sure about being in lecture for 8 hours a day, that's a huge, huge consideration. I honestly think it's worth paying some more money. My life right now is so much better because I don't have to attend lecture.

MJB -- ldp is the lecture pathway as opposed to pbl and independent study.

GreenShirt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think I'm going to accept. There's been a lot of trash talk about the school from current students on the Class of 2011 thread. I know its just the opinions of a few students, but combined with the getting stuck in LDP....I think i'm going to opt out.

MedStudentWanna

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

You know what? You're a jerk! Why can't you let an obviously excited person enjoy his or her acceptance? You're the kind of black cloud no one wants around because you're classless jackass. Karma's a boomerang, buddy.

To the OP -- congratulations!