• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Lfribble

10+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2007
Erie, PA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I just got an acceptance letter for LECOM-Erie! I just interviewed Monday, they said it'd be 2.5 weeks!! I have a home for the fall!!!! What a relief!

kealaq

Child, Adolescent & Adult Psychiatrist
10+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2006
San Francisco
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Congratulations! That was lightning quick! Best of luck to you at LECOM.

About the Ads

eclipsedasunder

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I also just received an acceptance letter from LECOM-Erie. Same story as LFribble - interviewed monday (2/19) - letter came today dated 2/19. No more MCATs yay!

ScootDoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
It was a quick turn around because the are scrapping for students. (Not that it has any baring on what caliber of student you may be) I have heard nothing but shady stories about LECOM. I didn't even bother with their secondary. Good Luck with things though. I am sure no matter what problems the school has you'll become a doctor regardless.

Doctor Bagel

so cheap and juicy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2002
from the ministry of information
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
It was a quick turn around because the are scrapping for students. (Not that it has any baring on what caliber of student you may be) I have heard nothing but shady stories about LECOM. I didn't even bother with their secondary. Good Luck with things though. I am sure no matter what problems the school has you'll become a doctor regardless.

I don't think this is the most appropriate or helpful post here. :rolleyes:

Congrats, op!

CTrainSJU

MS I
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2007
Des Moines
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Whoa........mood officially killed

About the Ads

Lfribble

10+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2007
Erie, PA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Does kill the mood a bit, but in the end, we'll be doctors. I've heard some negative comments as well, though I must say that they all come from this board, not the students I have met else where online. My mood isn't killed, I'm still excited!

GreenShirt

10+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Congratulations Lfribble and eclipsedasunder! I interviewed on 2/19 as well, but I haven't heard anything yet. There seems to be so many negetive posts on SDN about LECOM, but I found most of them to be untrue when I visited the campus on Monday. The school is cheap, has a high pass rate on the USMLE's and really allows students to pick a learning pathway that bets suits their learning style.

Lfribble

10+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2007
Erie, PA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I've spoken to a lot of people from LECOm from myspace or whereever and really the only place I've heard negative comments is from this board. I know there was a cheating thing recently in LDP and everyone who didn't report it got a failing grade on a test, maybe that has really colored people's opinions lately. Otherwise, I think anyone would be hard pressed to find a school where nobody had any complaints. Take it with a grain of salt I'd say. Good luck from hearing back. I remember you from the interview :)

poormansDO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2005
www.lecom.edu
Status (Visible)
I just got an acceptance letter for LECOM-Erie! I just interviewed Monday, they said it'd be 2.5 weeks!! I have a home for the fall!!!! What a relief!

Congratulations!!!!!I am interviewing in a week, I am really hoping I get accepted, I hope I get as quick a turnaround as you. Was your interview with a panel or one on one?

I've spoken to a lot of people from LECOm from myspace or whereever and really the only place I've heard negative comments is from this board. I know there was a cheating thing recently in LDP and everyone who didn't report it got a failing grade on a test, maybe that has really colored people's opinions lately. Otherwise, I think anyone would be hard pressed to find a school where nobody had any complaints. Take it with a grain of salt I'd say. Good luck from hearing back. I remember you from the interview :)

WHAT??? Care to expand on that please?

MCATTT

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Congrats....... :laugh:

P.S: Hello, doctormom, long time no see on SDN. How is everything?

GreenShirt

10+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Just got my acceptance letter today. Unfortunately, they put me in LDP. 8hrs of mandatory lecture a day (*ugh*). Hmmm....cheap tuition vs. mental sanity....not sure which to chose.

Doctor Bagel

so cheap and juicy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2002
from the ministry of information
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Just got my acceptance letter today. Unfortunately, they put me in LDP. 8hrs of mandatory lecture a day (*ugh*). Hmmm....cheap tuition vs. mental sanity....not sure which to chose.

Mental sanity. Really, if you're not sure about being in lecture for 8 hours a day, that's a huge, huge consideration. I honestly think it's worth paying some more money. My life right now is so much better because I don't have to attend lecture.

MJB -- ldp is the lecture pathway as opposed to pbl and independent study.

GreenShirt

10+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Yeah, I don't think I'm going to accept. There's been a lot of trash talk about the school from current students on the Class of 2011 thread. I know its just the opinions of a few students, but combined with the getting stuck in LDP....I think i'm going to opt out.

MedStudentWanna

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2006
Status (Visible)

You know what? You're a jerk! Why can't you let an obviously excited person enjoy his or her acceptance? You're the kind of black cloud no one wants around because you're classless jackass. Karma's a boomerang, buddy.

To the OP -- congratulations!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.