Turkeyman

Trickster Poultry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
1,164
1
35
Silver Spring, Maryland
Status
I was complete at VCU around 9/20, and hadn't heard from them since. All of a sudden, out of nowhere on this Sunday evening, I get an e-mail saying my VCU status has changed. I was like "alright, let me log in to read how they word rejections to their applicants," and got the message that EVERYONE seems to get:

"The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February"......blahblah I won't post the whole thing, you get the idea.

My question is: Does VCU actually send out rejections, or rather has anyone gotten one yet pre-interview/post secondary? I'm just assuming this is a kind way of rejecting me. Any thoughts? Thanks! :thumbup:
 

stansbury

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 31, 2005
57
0
Status
turkeyman

I got a similar email about a month ago and then week after that I was granted an interview. i think how quickly they give you the interview after the email depends somewhat on your priority score. I have no clue how they determine a priority score.


Stansbury
PS i have an interview there coming up this week
 

Turkeyman

Trickster Poultry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
1,164
1
35
Silver Spring, Maryland
Status
stansbury said:
turkeyman

I got a similar email about a month ago and then week after that I was granted an interview. i think how quickly they give you the interview after the email depends somewhat on your priority score. I have no clue how they determine a priority score.


Stansbury
PS i have an interview there coming up this week
Sounds good to me, and good job/good luck on the interview! May I ask when your file was complete?
 
About the Ads

DrBorisCA

aka. Flaming Cheeto
10+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2004
277
0
40
Los Angeles, CA
groups.myspace.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I got the cryptic email on 11/9 saying people at my priority level may get an interview if a spot opens up. Today, 11/20, on a Sunday afternoon oddly enough, got an interview invite, woo hoo!
 

the negative 1

Bovie to "war crimes" please
15+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2004
1,153
98
Charm City
Status
Attending Physician
DrBorisCA said:
I got the cryptic email on 11/9 saying people at my priority level may get an interview if a spot opens up. Today, 11/20, on a Sunday afternoon oddly enough, got an interview invite, woo hoo!
When did you submit your application? I submitted mine on 9/21 and have not heard anything yet.
 

DrBorisCA

aka. Flaming Cheeto
10+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2004
277
0
40
Los Angeles, CA
groups.myspace.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I had submitted in september, but my letters got lost and the file was really complete on 10/24.
 

ShyRem

I need more coffee.
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2004
9,798
131
Where I hang my hat.
Status
Attending Physician
Yes, VCU does send out rejections post-secondary, pre-interview. There have been a few on SDN in that boat. Don't give up hope, turkey. You may get an invite!
 

Gentle

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
240
0
OH
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Turkeyman said:
I was complete at VCU around 9/20, and hadn't heard from them since. All of a sudden, out of nowhere on this Sunday evening, I get an e-mail saying my VCU status has changed. I was like "alright, let me log in to read how they word rejections to their applicants," and got the message that EVERYONE seems to get:

"The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February"......blahblah I won't post the whole thing, you get the idea.

My question is: Does VCU actually send out rejections, or rather has anyone gotten one yet pre-interview/post secondary? I'm just assuming this is a kind way of rejecting me. Any thoughts? Thanks! :thumbup:

Turkey,
Got one of those vague emails too but it was worded differently from yours and after two days, I got an invite. I'm interviewing there next month; my 2nd. So you might get good news from them. Be hopeful!
 

PurpleHaze

Takin it day by day
10+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2005
649
2
Status
Attending Physician
You've made the first cut at least! VCU sends out rejections pre-secondary as well.
 

DeigoT

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2004
152
0
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Got one of those e-mails 2 weeks again. Today, got an invite.
 
About the Ads