QuickQuestion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
U

uvapremed

Just to preface, I know this is a stupid question. So on NYU's secondary, it asks for courses that meet the different pre-med requirements. For gen chem, the first and second semester have the same course title "intro chemistry" but different mnemonics Chem 151 & 152. Should I just list "INtro ch...." or the mnemonic or "Intro chemistry - Chem 151"? I'm just worried that the school might think I'm trying to use one course to cover their 6 credit requirements for each area.

Members don't see this ad.

If I remember correctly it also asked for course number.

I would put-
Intro Chemistry (CHEM151)
Intro Chemistry (CHEM152)

To avoid confusion. They don't really give a lot of direction on this, but if you gave the course numbers on AMCAS and then you give them again, if they have a question they could match the two.

http://www.med.nyu.edu/medicaldegree/admissions/faqs.html

Thanks! The title is 'Course' but I'm just going to put everything to be on the safe side.

jackieMD2007 said:
If I remember correctly it also asked for course number.

I would put-
Intro Chemistry (CHEM151)
Intro Chemistry (CHEM152)

To avoid confusion. They don't really give a lot of direction on this, but if you gave the course numbers on AMCAS and then you give them again, if they have a question they could match the two.

http://www.med.nyu.edu/medicaldegree/admissions/faqs.html

Members don't see this ad :)
uvapremed said:
Just to preface, I know this is a stupid question. So on NYU's secondary, it asks for courses that meet the different pre-med requirements. For gen chem, the first and second semester have the same course title "intro chemistry" but different mnemonics Chem 151 & 152. Should I just list "INtro ch...." or the mnemonic or "Intro chemistry - Chem 151"? I'm just worried that the school might think I'm trying to use one course to cover their 6 credit requirements for each area.

Just for the record it would really help if you listed the "type" of question in the subject line...that way more people who know something about it will be attracted to your thread, and you won't waste other people's time who opened it just to find out what your "quick question" is, just to find out they know nothing about the topic.

+5 pts for spelling "mnemonic" correctly.
-10 pts for using "mnemonic" in completely the wrong context.

hermit said:
+5 pts for spelling "mnemonic" correctly.
-10 pts for using "mnemonic" in completely the wrong context.

:laugh: :thumbup: