Quiet Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coldchemist

Biowulf
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Rarely do I see anything from this year's SDN crew on these schools. Does anyone know if these schools have begun making post-interview decisions for MD/PhD?

Jefferson
Penn State
Tufts
University of Alabama
University of Maryland

Members don't see this ad.

I know Tufts has an interview date on March 8 for the MSTP, so they're not through looking at applicants yet. If they're not rolling, they probably won't be making a decision until later this month. Sorry that's not terribly helpful...don't know anything about any of the other schools. :confused:

Every little bit helps. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Penn State just had their final MD/PhD interview session on Feb 26. We were told we should hear something definitely within 3 weeks. Hope that helps. I still waiting on a response from UConn, but since I've seen others post that calls have been made, I waiting for my waitlist or rejection letter...

aimg1

I've received a letter from Penn State that I'm waitlisted for an MD/PhD interview and the interview would be conducted "throughout March".

Hope this helps...

BUMP...for those who continue to lurk. :cool:

I got my MD/PhD rejection from Tufts last week. Still waiting to hear from UConn and Penn State post interview

aimg1

Sorry to hear about Tufts--I haven't heard anything yet, but they're class size is REALLY small so I'm not too hopeful. I think there is probably some decent waitlist movement at the other two, so I hope you get one or the other. Good luck!

U.Maryland is still sending out offers... I received mine maybe two months ago, and just recently turned them down

Good to hear, good to hear! Congratulations on your other acceptance(s)!

Wait a minute, did you get a phone call or did you get an offer by mail? Maybe I should go check the mail in case the mailman came by twice today...:D

The director of the program (I think his name is Dr. Rogers?) at Maryland likes to call accepted applicants personally. The funny thing about that is he actually sent me an email first, saying that he would like to "further discuss my application," and if I would "please give him a call." I didn't know what kind of conclusion to draw from that email! But you will probably get a call first before receiving "snail mail" notification.