Quinn, you there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sessamoid

1K Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dude, you've been absent longer from these forums than any time in recent memory. Are you in some sort of off-service hell/limbo?

Members don't see this ad.

Sessamoid said:
Dude, you've been absent longer from these forums than any time in recent memory. Are you in some sort of off-service hell/limbo?

Must be surgery. When I was on surgery I had to take a cell phone into the bathroom to keep up with the pages.

docB said:
Must be surgery. When I was on surgery I had to take a cell phone into the bathroom to keep up with the pages.
I remember doing that during my trauma rotation. Very busy service.

Members don't see this ad :)
I figured his disappearance had something to do with HALO 2 coming out

ERMudPhud said:
That or Half-Life 2, which also was recently released.

docB said:
LOL :laugh: I've been squandering hours of time on GTA Vice City and Doom III lately.
I've already put in hours of wastage in Doom III. Before that it was Neverwinter Nights, and before that Far Cry. And Snood is always good for many wasted hours. :)

ERMudPhud said:

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!

Actually I've had two months of our ED months... my next two months are cush, Toxicology and EMS (read: Prime SDN time). Plus since I've got Halo 2 in the evenings during my day shifts or days during my night shifts it doesn't leave much time for SDN.

Fear not, I moderate from a distance. Plus Spyderdoc's got some years of moderating ahead of me, he can fly solo for a while!

Q

Homunculus said:
GTA: San Andreas :thumbup:

--your friendly neighborhood thug caveman

It has taken over my life....I should be studying more but damn...I just made it to Las Venturas!!!!!

I hate to admit my video game amateurism, but what platform are y'all playing Halo on?

I'm on the serious down-side of fourth year and am looking for a new wholesome way to kill time (and, of course, alien-thingees). Somehow I'm thinking it probably isn't available on my kid's gamecube.

Take care,
Jeff

Xbox. If you have DSL or Cablemodem, you need to get Xbox Live. Two of my attendings and several of the male RNs play Halo 2 online, we play a lot at night and its a lot of fun talking smack to each other as you blow away your opponent with a shotgun.

Q

Members don't see this ad :)
QuinnNSU said:
...its a lot of fun talking smack to each other as you blow away your opponent with a shotgun.

Now see, this is exactly the type of wholesome entertainment the rest of my fourth year is just screaming for.

Take care,
Jeff

Halo 2, Half Life 2, need for speed underground 2, MOH:pacific assault.

All released in the same week.

One of these days someone's going to figure out my scam and make me actually take care of patients.

QuinnNSU said:
Xbox. If you have DSL or Cablemodem, you need to get Xbox Live. Two of my attendings and several of the male RNs play Halo 2 online, we play a lot at night and its a lot of fun talking smack to each other as you blow away your opponent with a shotgun.

Q
How is Halo 2? I'm thinking of buying it. Also thinking of buying Ghost Recon 2 -- that game looks AWESOME!

southerndoc said:
How is Halo 2? I'm thinking of buying it. Also thinking of buying Ghost Recon 2 -- that game looks AWESOME!
Don't even bother with GR2... Halo 2 is where its at. It is the game of the decade. I was playing it for five hours last night with my brother online. UGH! So fun!

Q

QuinnNSU said:

Q

How much does that Xbox Live cost to play on? What I don't understand is why people play on Xbox Live, when you can just get Halo 2 for PC (if it's out yet) and then play for free over the Internet.

leviathan said:
How much does that Xbox Live cost to play on? What I don't understand is why people play on Xbox Live, when you can just get Halo 2 for PC (if it's out yet) and then play for free over the Internet.
xbox live is like $70 for the starter kit, with a year's worth of XBox live. Halo 2 isn't out for the PC yet, it probably wont' come out for a year or so. Just get it!!!!

Q

Is there special hardware required to set up a wireless network for the x-box live? I see the back of my x-box has an ethernet cable port but is there a way to do this wirelessly?

And yes, I spent waaaay too much time in college to be asking this question. :eek:

You can do it wirelessly, there is an Xbox Live wireless router, or you can do what I do, just run an ethernet cable to your DSL or Cablemodem. Yeah it looks tacky to have a 50' ethernet cable in my condo but i only plug it when I'm playing Xbox Live, otherwise I disconnect it.

Q

QuinnNSU said:
but i only plug it when I'm playing Xbox Live, otherwise I disconnect it.
So, you mean you've got a 50' ethernet cable running through ALL the time, right? :)

Okay, here's another stupid question. Does the set-up for the wireless controller have the router to set up the x-box live wireless. Mrs. ryaninmtv would not stand for 50 feet of ethernet cable across the living room floor. Thanks.

QuinnNSU said:
xbox live is like $70 for the starter kit, with a year's worth of XBox live. Halo 2 isn't out for the PC yet, it probably wont' come out for a year or so. Just get it!!!!
Q

Hmm...I'll think about it! The first Halo was definitely a fun game...I cracked up so bad when you surprised those aliens with a grenade that went "Wup wup wup! [grenade explodes] Rawwrhrrgh!" :laugh:

ryaninmtv said:
Okay, here's another stupid question. Does the set-up for the wireless controller have the router to set up the x-box live wireless. Mrs. ryaninmtv would not stand for 50 feet of ethernet cable across the living room floor. Thanks.

I don't have the wireless router but my brother does, its set up for it so all you'd need is a router for your DSL or cablemodem.

Q

Only in this forum could a post about a missing member degenerate into a discussion about how to set up the X-Box for wireless networking so you can play Halo 2 online. :)

Sessamoid said:
Only in this forum could a post about a missing member degenerate into a discussion about how to set up the X-Box for wireless networking so you can play Halo 2 online. :)

Ahh yes, EM, the only profession where ADD isn't a disability, its a REQUIREMENT!

:laugh:

- H