Quinnipiac MHS in Biomedical Sciences 2020

Started by Jadoc25
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jadoc25

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all! I just accepted into Quinnipiac’s program but I can’t find much information on it. Are there any former students that got into med school after doing this program? Do you feel like it prepared you? Were the advisors helpful? How’s the student living?
 
Hi, I also just got accepted. Not sure if the Fall semester will be online or on campus. Do you live around the area? I live out of state and will need a lot of preparations to move across the country.
 
Hi, I also just got accepted. Not sure if the Fall semester will be online or on campus. Do you live around the area? I live out of state and will need a lot of preparations to move across the country.

I spoke to the program director! He said they plan to have half the class come in and half the class attend online and then the next day the part of the class that was online the previous day will come in; unless things changes and the CDC advises against it! I’ll be moving from DCbut I’m still waiting to hear from other schools so I have not totally committed yet!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok. This is my only acceptance for now, as I am waitlisted in a few programs.
I just don't know what it's like living in Connecticut tho
 
Hi all, quick question: when writing your letter of intent... did you make it more like a graduate school cover letter or form it more closely to a personal statement with an additional statement about why you’re choosing to apply to Quinnipiac specifically?
 
Hi all, quick question: when writing your letter of intent... did you make it more like a graduate school cover letter or form it more closely to a personal statement with an additional statement about why you’re choosing to apply to Quinnipiac specifically?
Mines was mostly about my experiences throughout undergrad and my gap years, which my academic performance lacked, why I wanted to be a doctor and I only had a paragraph about why quinnipiac specifically.
 
Mines was mostly about my experiences throughout undergrad and my gap years, which my academic performance lacked, why I wanted to be a doctor and I only had a paragraph about why quinnipiac specifically.
Thank you very much for your response! How long did it take you to hear back from admissions/ did you have to interview? I know admissions are rolling but they didn't say much else on the site.
 
Thank you very much for your response! How long did it take you to hear back from admissions/ did you have to interview? I know admissions are rolling but they didn't say much else on the site.
I was like two weeks after I submitted everything. Make sure you email them for an app fee waiver!