quit job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elburrito

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My contract stipulates a certain period of written notification to quit the practice. However I want to take time off due to mental duress/hostile work environment. My contract makes no mention of allowances for mental health. If my current employer is unwilling to curtail my responsibilities due to mental health concerns, wouldn't that constitute a hostile work environment? I want to take time off and quit my current position at this point.

Members don't see this ad.

My contract stipulates a certain period of written notification to quit the practice. However I want to take time off due to mental duress/hostile work environment. My contract makes no mention of allowances for mental health. If my current employer is unwilling to curtail my responsibilities due to mental health concerns, wouldn't that constitute a hostile work environment? I want to take time off and quit my current position at this point.

I would think so. Plus, don't you have medical leave ? What are specific reasons you feel it is a hostile work environment?

I have never had any complaints made about me nor have I ever complained in 3 years. However conditions over the past 3 months have deteriorated at my job. If they are unable to accommodate me and make allowances for my mental health concerns, would that constitute a hostile work environment? I want them to terminate my contract prior to the 4 months stipulated in my contract.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why don't you just give a 30 day notice and resign? You can use 30 days from your vacation etc. Its always good to depart on good terms. It becomes even more important if there are serious issues with work environment.

I have never had any complaints made about me nor have I ever complained in 3 years. However conditions over the past 3 months have deteriorated at my job. If they are unable to accommodate me and make allowances for my mental health concerns, would that constitute a hostile work environment? I want them to terminate my contract prior to the 4 months stipulated in my contract.

What specifically has deteriorated?Can't you just get a note from psychiatry and take unpaid sick leave? If they refuse that would prob be hostile. Seeing how you want to quit, do you already have another position lined up?

Last edited:

Seriously? We all could use a mental health break during the holidays.

I encourage you to place your situation and concerns in historical and geographical context. Compare your “hostile” work situation to a fellow lemming from the dark ages for instance.

You need to speak to an atty specializing in employment law. Preferably one with sig experience with physicians employment contracts.

Reactions: 1 users