Europe Quitting medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

disenchantedmedic

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have recently made the difficult decision to leave medicine for good.
I have finished my F2 year and have accepted it isnt for me.
I have been writing a blog for the previous two years highlighting my hatred of the job

You can read it at:
http://disenchantedmedic.tumblr.com/

I hope it can provide comfort to those in a similar position... you are not alone. x
 
Hey,

I totally hear what you say. Great tumblr blog too!

I quit medicine as well over 5 years ago, and have been working in public health insurance for a few years and then more recently started my own business. It's been quite a journey but definitely don't regret a minute of leaving clinical medicine - I did not have a passion for it and the hours, work environment and monotomy were boring me to tears.

How are you doing since resigning?

Hope all is well!