• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

tennisball80

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2008
United States
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
When you get a quiz in college, do you switch the answer sheet with another person so you mark it for each other like in high school ? Or the professors or TAs always mark the quiz for you so the students don't mark for each other ?

Thanks comments in advance

apgar

10+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hmm, I think that this really depends on which college and which university. I do not think it's really even a universal thing in all high schools. For example, in my high school, we rarely did this. So far, in my limited college experience, the professors/TAs have graded everything. Also, in college (at least for me), most of my tests/quizzes have been short answer/extended response, which is difficult for other students to grade impartially.

About the Ads

Narmerguy

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2007
Your peers will never grade each other's papers. I'm fairly positive.

Chemdude

10+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I don't think you'll ever be in a situation where another student grades your exam/quiz. The only peer-grading that I ever went through in college was in Organic II. We had to present during quiz-class and the other students would grade you based on pass/fail.

BTW, I've noticed that you've been posting a lot of "high school vs. college" threads lately. It's really not that scary. You start getting used to it after the first week. If I were you, I would be having fun right now(I wish I was still in highschool). Don't worry about it too much. You'll be fine :thumbup:.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.