Quotes for SDN story

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
W

writnkitten

I'm a freelance writer and I'm doing a piece on the history of the SDN and who it serves.

I would love to get some quotes from you--the actual users of the site, as to how you came to find the site, how often you use it, what you like about it, how it's helped you, etc. Any concrete examples would be appreciated as well.

Feel free to elaborate as much as you'd care to, and I may ask some responders for more details if necessary.

Thank you all in advance for your help and your prompt reply!

Juliet Farmer
SDN Freelance Writer

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to verify that Juliet is one of our writers. I encourage you to either PM Juliet or post your thoughts in this thread.

Thanks! :D

BTW, don't miss our new "SDN News" section at: http://www.studentdoctor.net/news

I came to find the site from doing a google search for pharmacy school interview questions. I found the interview feedback forum, read through all the feedback from the schools I was going to apply to, then continued to browse the boards. I like writing and talking to people with similar interests, and who are experiencing similar things, so I continue to use the system.

I'm on sdn just about everyday, not for very long, just to browse on the topics that I'm interested in or to find out information on when things are happening. Such as, when people in certain parts of the country are receiving PCAT scores, interview invites, acceptance letters, those types of things. It's also nice to hear the type of work, grades, tests scores, the so-called "stats", most people have that are getting admitted into professional programs. It allows me to see what I need to work towards to reach my goal of gaining admission to different schools.

I like most features, I wish I could use a bigger pixel avator, but other than that, I think everything is great with the site. I'm not a very computer savy person and the bare necessities usually make me happy.

I think sdn has helped me in the sense that I've met a lot of nice and helpful people, who can empathize with me because they are experiencing the same things. It's nice to have someone there to talk to when things are a little rough. I think it's a way to relieve stress from classes and work just by browsing the boards and reading about concerns people have with things. It lets you see the types of problems other people are going through and allows you to try to help them with advice to avoid pitfalls that you may have encountered when you were in their spot. It's nice to give someone information that you wish you had when you were doing the same thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Umm, for me, i first surfed this site because a friend referred me to it. and now, i always looked at the site for inspiration or any information on schools that i was thinking of applying to. Now that i got into a school, or 3, i felt that this site helped me so much that i encouraged people to ask me for any questions they have concerning the website, or the interviews and i prep them as much as i can. In a way, this site is a great place to find info on pharmacy schools as well as give people like me a chance to give back by helping others who are aspiring to be pharmacists too.