Qvault/Topscore RC good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enamel88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My DAT is about a week away and I'm trying to hammer away at either S&D, and the other method where I read the first question and keep reading till I hit the second question etc. For S&D I feel like sometimes I have to eyeball (not skim/read) the whole passage just for 1 question. I did 2 BC RC tests and received both a 17 :( (I even had to guess on some of the questions and stilll got a 17) and I feel like I need more materials to practice with after Bootcamp. Would you guys recommend Qvault/Topscore RC in terms of types of questions and readings similar to the real test? I'm planning to do maybe 1-2 tests everyday till test day. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't done Qvault, but I have done Topscore... I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TOPSCORE RC.... It's completely different than the actual DAT.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
was the real test very S&D-able? or was it like similiar Q's as bootcamp?
It depends on the test tbh. Some people have straight S&D, others don't... I had majority non-S&D questions lol so I didn't do as well (since I only practiced the S&D method).

One method that worked well for me was the read the first question, its either a main idea/tone question or a question on the first 2 paragraphs of the reading. Then I would read 3-4 passages and see how many questions I could do.
Rinse and repeat.

I really felt like the real test was a mix of bootcamp and Qvault so I recommend both. I personally don't like SandD because sometimes keywords in a question are repeated multiple times in the passage and it confused me. That's why I ended up making a method that is now on BC strategy page. Although some slower readers prefer SandD so they can finish it all in time.

Reactions: 1 user