Racetrack vet article

Started by Keasby2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

That was a great article, thanks for sharing!

(If only all farm managers felt that way, all the time...😉)
 
Well that reality just pushed me farther towards small animal medicine. I have always had aspirations to be a racetrack vet and have family closely tied to big $$ racing and everyone always told me it was a) a man's world and b) that I wouldn't be able to practice my own medicine but rather the medicine of the senior vet or that of the trainer/owner because they paid you, there are a lot of vets, and you could be easily replaced. I don't know how much of that I really believe but I do believe that the track is a difficult place to work, especially for a new vet. Thankfully TB Times has many readers and maybe that article will get out to more managers 🙂