• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

AsiaMinor

10+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2005
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask for your recommendations, especially Stephew (the moderator) I am a fully trained physician in RadOnc from Europe and have done two Clinical full-time Radiation oncology Fellowships in two NCI centers. Added to that, I have done two years of Int med residency....US citizen..

ABR does not recognize either the European training or the Full-time Clinical Fellowships, i.e. they would not give any credits.. Wha :confused: t additional qualification/magic do I need to get into a PGY-2 res prg in radonc? I appreciate your feedback..Thx

stephew

SDN Super Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2001
Boston
travel.to
Status
there is a way to get an attending's position wherein you practice at a university for 4 years, then you automatically become board eligible without even doing a residency in the US. Ill find out more details for you.

AsiaMinor

10+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2005
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
stephew said:
there is a way to get an attending's position wherein you practice at a university for 4 years, then you automatically become board eligible without even doing a residency in the US. Ill find out more details for you.

Thanks a bunch.. I did not know that ABR gave credit to attending positions.. Thank you for your help Stephew..

Regards

About the Ads

AsiaMinor

10+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2005
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
stephew said:
:rolleyes:

Stephew, are there any news about the board eligibility? Thx

AsiaMinor

10+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2005
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
stephew said:

Stephew, are there any news about the board eligibility? Thx

About the Ads