Rad Onc difficulty for IMG's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AsiaMinor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask for your recommendations, especially Stephew (the moderator) I am a fully trained physician in RadOnc from Europe and have done two Clinical full-time Radiation oncology Fellowships in two NCI centers. Added to that, I have done two years of Int med residency....US citizen..

ABR does not recognize either the European training or the Full-time Clinical Fellowships, i.e. they would not give any credits.. Wha :confused: t additional qualification/magic do I need to get into a PGY-2 res prg in radonc? I appreciate your feedback..Thx

Members don't see this ad.

there is a way to get an attending's position wherein you practice at a university for 4 years, then you automatically become board eligible without even doing a residency in the US. Ill find out more details for you.

stephew said:
there is a way to get an attending's position wherein you practice at a university for 4 years, then you automatically become board eligible without even doing a residency in the US. Ill find out more details for you.

Thanks a bunch.. I did not know that ABR gave credit to attending positions.. Thank you for your help Stephew..

Regards

Members don't see this ad :)
stephew said:

:rolleyes:

Stephew, are there any news about the board eligibility? Thx

stephew said:

Stephew, are there any news about the board eligibility? Thx