Rad Onc Twitter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Starts out with a misunderstanding of how PE tries to make money in medicine (no one would ever intentionally create a 'toxic asset' in order to turn it around and sell it that's not how any of this works- sure, they may saddle it with a ton of debt which is then paid back to the PE firm a la Red Lobster real estate, but they weren't planning on prepping Red Lobster for a sale), then says we should all ask around about ROCR to see if we support it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Urology even trying to own IR procedures. I’ve got to think if rad onc had even half the ownership culture of urology we wouldn’t be giving up radiopharm and going the employed route in droves.
Radiopharmaceuticals are too niche to move the needle for us, how about we do the low hanging fruit like stopping the push to eliminate rt and reduce fractions while we overtrain in the specialty?

Uro and derm are damn good about keeping a lid on how many they train every year. Biggest thing we can do to effect change is control our own supply.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1716871561818.png

New fear unlocked.

• Wow
Stop contributing to IO-hesitancy with your fear mongering!

We freak out over rare one offs with IO yet if you try and discuss or publish any events even remotely critical of c*vid v*x you’re STILL an anti-science quack.

Suspect this website will get censored soon for contributing to proton and spaceOAR hesitancy along the same lines.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Ex vivo priming of the immune system to fight cancer???? What an incredibly novel concept! Such an idea surely hasn’t existed since the 1990s and, since then, produced incredible breakthroughs that we see every day like . . . Provenge.

Immune modulation by any way we can think to do it has been tried dozens of times in glioblastoma.

It's still being promoted as leading edge, revolutionary, high impact publications, etc...

It's gotten to the point where some centers do single arm only or have patients come cash pay for immune modulation or vaccines.

Do we even want to know if it works or not if it draws patients?

That last sentence brought to you in conjunction with proton therapy.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Immune modulation by any way we can think to do it has been tried dozens of times in glioblastoma.

It's still being promoted as leading edge, revolutionary, high impact publications, etc...

It's gotten to the point where some centers do single arm only or have patients come cash pay for immune modulation or vaccines.

You both forgot the vitamin C infusions. Secret sauce that ties everything together

noticed a number of pts recently paying out of pocket for vaccines in germany

Members don't see this ad :)

This is too bad. CURB suggested a possible benefit in the oligoprogressive setting. Wonder what we will see in the final pub

• Sad
1717269094656.png

Excuse me?

Multiple courses of SBRT over 6 months? With no limits?

And at 6 months we stop? So, the met that pops up at 6 months + 1 day was also not subjected to the intervention, where‘s the difference?

I suggest we should also then change the endpoint from PFS to BMFFS (bone marrow failure free survival)?

🤣🤣🤣

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
View attachment 387458

Excuse me?

Multiple courses of SBRT over 6 months? With no limits?

And at 6 months we stop? So, the met that pops up at 6 months + 1 day was also not subjected to the intervention, where‘s the difference?

I suggest we should also then change the endpoint from PFS to BMFFS (bone marrow failure free survival)?

🤣🤣🤣
My pest exterminator charged me $100 to get rid of my rat infestation. One month later, there were even more rats! I complained, but he told me it was unfair because those “new” rats were obviously not “subject to his intervention.” He asked me for $100/month for the next six months and told me that would be best.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
My pest exterminator charged me $100 to get rid of my rat infestation. One month later, there were even more rats! I complained, but he told me it was unfair because those “new” rats were obviously not “subject to his intervention.” He asked me for $100/month for the next six months and told me that would be best.
Oligoprogression. That is the key indication… and the endpoint should be freedom from needing to escalate systemic therapy and/or freedom from G3+ progression/tx related tox, because those are the best reasons to treat a metastatic patient with a locally ablative therapy.

Reactions: 4 users
Oligoprogression >>>>> consolidation all day long I'm not surprised this trial was negative. I would also add "ability to take a break from systemic treatment" as another endpoint, as we've seen a bit in prostate cancer.

Sounds like patients could have had up to 25 Mets as well. Geez

That's pretty much the limit for the hardcore cns SRS academic folks in the US for brain srs I think isn't it?
Likely.

I would however feel more comfortable SRSing 25 brain mets, compared to SBRTing 8 liver mets, 10 lungs mets and 7 bone mets simultaneously.

I was just looking at the choices for ASTRO president: Neha Vapiwala vs Constantine Mantz. It is depressing these are the best choices we have. Really the treat the wrong side dude? Or am i thinking of someone else? How do we not have better choices for “leadership”?

• Haha
Mantz is flat out grifter
Also was granted immunity by the federal government to testify in a criminal antitrust trial...the immunity was required because, you know, "antitrust" - by definition - requires multiple parties and...well, we can all connect the dots.

At least we can say only 50% of this year's ASTRO Presidential Candidates have been investigated by the FBI?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Also was granted immunity by the federal government to testify in a criminal antitrust trial...the immunity was required because, you know, "antitrust" - by definition - requires multiple parties and...well, we can all connect the dots.

At least we can say only 50% of this year's ASTRO Presidential Candidates have been investigated by the FBI?
I can't believe Mantz is running.
I mean I hope Vapiwala just posts the link to the wrong site tx case. That should end the election quickly.

• Haha
I was just looking at the choices for ASTRO president: Neha Vapiwala vs Constantine Mantz. It is depressing these are the best choices we have. Really the treat the wrong side dude? Or am i thinking of someone else? How do we not have better choices for “leadership”?

Keep in mind that these are show elections. Both candidates are hand picked by the insiders at Astro to run. The membership are then told to elect one of two pre approved candidates to give the thing an air of legitimacy. This is why something like <10% of membership bothers to vote. Everyone knows it makes no difference.

That's what they do in Hong Kong. They have "free and fair elections" for candidates hand picked by the communist party.

I have personal experience with both candidates and will likely sit this one out.

Though if one of them wants to come to SDN, start doxxing everyone, and make wild claims and accusations about our members, I'll definitely vote for that candidate. It was quite fun the last time an ASTRO president elect did that.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
That's what they do in Hong Kong. They have "free and fair elections" for candidates hand picked by the communist party.

I have personal experience with both candidates and will likely sit this one out.

Though if one of them wants to come to SDN, start doxxing everyone, and make wild claims and accusations about our members, I'll definitely vote for that candidate. It was quite fun the last time an ASTRO president elect did that.
Hopefully they will call said doxxed members places of work as well and harrass them through their employers.

• Haha
  • Sad

This does seem like the worst choices so far I have seen since I have been voting. I knew Jeff M would be a total disaster and was very dissapointed he won. Neha V. did the super modest ACGME thing which was “something” but overall disappointing. It is hard to believe Mantz is a legitimate candidate. Total joke! I may have to hold my nose and vote against CM.

The best option is to fill out ASTRO's exit survey and express your discontent, which is what I just did.

• Haha
THE WRONG BOOB WAS PICKED

This headline could apply either to Mantz's therapeutic misadventure or if we elect him as ASTRO President.

Not making this up, I swear. I got a patient in clinic yesterday from a few hours away who asked me for a radiosurgery opinion because:

"I googled the guy they sent me to, and he treated the wrong breast."

Not a great look for ASTRO when they're putting him up for the presidency.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Not a great look for ASTRO when they're putting him up for the presidency.
I think it's perfectly emblematic of ASTROs problems with membership and connecting with those ROs outside of the academic industrial complex.

Quite frankly mantz is the kind of insular candidate that is going to get through the nomination process and keep leading the organization to nowhere

I think it's perfectly emblematic of ASTROs problems with membership and connecting with those ROs outside of the academic industrial complex.

Quite frankly mantz is the kind of insular candidate that is going to get through the nomination process and keep leading the organization to nowhere
It is shocking that during these times of controversy, serious issues with our field the cabal said to themselves, “yeah this is our guy”. It is very telling of ASTRO. Our field has a truly astounding level of corruption. Another 21C guy.

Reactions: 3 users
It is shocking that during these times of controversy, serious issues with our field the cabal said to themselves, “yeah this is our guy”. It is very telling of ASTRO. Our field has a truly astounding level of corruption. Another 21C guy.

This is how everything works in the world. I don't know why we are all so shocked that our silly little specialty would be immune from overt corruption and f*ckery. Like that's only for federal politics/three-letter-agency bureaucrats, latin american dictators beholden to drug cartels, and billionaire investment bankers screwing over the little guys or something.