Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you really do csi for lepto? I always think hospice best for true leptomeningeal disease.Sure. Over 15 mets we always consider whether it would be better to do HA-WBRT.
Below 15 it's less likely unless the patient can't keep coming back or doesn't want to come back for SRS.
I always used to hear that WBRT was better for patients with poor prognosis, but a 1-5 fraction zap of SRS for palliation is better than 10 fractions for a hospitalized patient you'd like to get to discharge or an otherwise poor prognosis patient.
Also, if it's looking like lepto or might become lepto, I'd like to hold the WBRT for the CSI.
Our practice started out with these 15+ met cases only in patients who had prior WBRT and progressed, but it worked so well we started doing it even in patients without WBRT. Exactly which patients deserve SRS vs WBRT with large numbers of Mets is still something we're all debating both here and internationally. CE.7 will help with this question.