Rad Residency after IM Residency from a Univ Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

indoamerican

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Guys,
Let me begin by wishing everyone the very best for their match. I was wondering if anyone could give me suggestions/advice(especially from residents and PDs) regarding the means to increasing your prospects to getting into a Radiology Residency after doing an IM Residency from an American Univ program. I do understand that Rad is a very very competitive speciality to get into,especially for an IMG, however, I am very keen to do so.
It definitely does sound like a long route-I guess being an IMG, you need to really prove that you are keen about it and you are upto it. How realistic is it to pursue the idea of a getting into a Rad residency following an IM residency. I will be starting my Categorical IM residency in a University program in July, 2006 and I plan to work as hard as possible during the Residency to build my credentials for the Radiology Residency application. I intend to do some Radiology Research and indulge with the Radiology department as much as possible. Apart from these, what else can I do to prove my worth.
I would be very grateful to anyone who can give me some suggestions and espeically if a PD can do so.
Looking forward for a reply.Thanks.