Radiologic Technologist Salary Potential?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmBoy90

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I live on Long Island, and was just curious as to what the salary potential is for an RT? I've seen the average around 55-60k on websites, but I've heard they can make a lot more.

What are some salaries you've heard of? I know you can go back to school to be a Radiologist Assistant, but there's only a few programs in the country and it doesn't seem like many jobs available yet.
 
Expect a salary of 45-55k year IMO... I have a friend who is making 50k+ from his main job (3x12 hrs/wk) in FL and bring another 25-35k/year from another part time job. He has been making 80k+/year for the past 5+ years.... I think that's not bad for a 2-year degree..