-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
radiologist residency?
Started by iwannaplaylock
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
G
geneticclone
Also for radiology you have to go to school for 4 years in med school, then another 4 years for radiology, and then after that 3-5 years for intersnship?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also for radiology you have to go to school for 4 years in med school, then another 4 years for radiology, and then after that 3-5 years for intersnship?
Following undergraduate study there is:
4 years med school then,
1 year internship then,
4 years residency then,
~75% go on to do 1-3 years of subspecialty training
G
geneticclone
Thanks man. Thats immense.Following undergraduate study there is:
4 years med school then,
1 year internship then,
4 years residency then,
~75% go on to do 1-3 years of subspecialty training
Finishing at at least age 30 damn. I hadn't realized that before.
Do you know the average salaries that each subspeciality gets or would that be asking for too much?
Thanks again.
Thanks man. Thats immense.
Finishing at at least age 30 damn. I hadn't realized that before.
Do you know the average salaries that each subspeciality gets or would that be asking for too much?
Thanks again.
A lot of practices are structured so that everyone gets roughly the same, with a small bonus for people that take more call, like IR. Ballpark figures are floating around the net.
Check other very recent threads or try google. This isn't necessarily aimed at you. But if you have a sincere interest in radiology and the info isn't out there, I'll bend over backwards to help you.
Maybe its just me, but I get a little annoyed when people ask "Duh........ What is radiology?" or "I heard radiology pays PHAT money, how much does it make?"
My contention is that if any of these people had a sincere interest or even a casual interest in the field, they could have spent a few minutes and googled it or used wikipedia before they came here. Again, that is if they REALLY wanted to know.
That suggests to me that these people are either:
A. not really interested in the field (most likely)
B. lazy (possible)
or
C. not intelligent enough to use google (doubt it)
Again, its probably just me, but I would prefer it if these kind of people did not pursue radiology, so I try not to encourage them by 'feeding the pigeons'.
Now there are kind souls out there that will it find the google link and conveniently post it for them, but that isn't me.
Do a little homework, people! If you show that you care more than just how much money a radiologist makes-- I will help you. If I don't know I will try to find out for you.
[Steps off soap box]
G
geneticclone
All that you said is true, I was just hoping that offhand someone would have a link. After i read your post, I was looking for the salarys of the subspecialities but i couldn't find anything. So if any "kind souls" can help me out here. I would appreciate it very much.A lot of practices are structured so that everyone gets roughly the same, with a small bonus for people that take more call, like IR. Ballpark figures are floating around the net.
Check other very recent threads or try google. This isn't necessarily aimed at you. But if you have a sincere interest in radiology and the info isn't out there, I'll bend over backwards to help you.
Maybe its just me, but I get a little annoyed when people ask "Duh........ What is radiology?" or "I heard radiology pays PHAT money, how much does it make?"
My contention is that if any of these people had a sincere interest or even a casual interest in the field, they could have spent a few minutes and googled it or used wikipedia before they came here. Again, that is if they REALLY wanted to know.
That suggests to me that these people are either:
A. not really interested in the field (most likely)
B. lazy (possible)
or
C. not intelligent enough to use google (doubt it)
Again, its probably just me, but I would prefer it if these kind of people did not pursue radiology, so I try not to encourage them by 'feeding the pigeons'.
Now there are kind souls out there that will it find the google link and conveniently post it for them, but that isn't me.
Do a little homework, people! If you show that you care more than just how much money a radiologist makes-- I will help you. If I don't know I will try to find out for you.
[Steps off soap box]
forget salary surveys, go to radworking.com & see what's being offered out there. A Radiologist I talk to regularly says his group is offering $300k starting with 1 year track to partnership in a Southern California practice. They have yet to find a qualified candidate. So radiologists are in high demand right now. Sadly, the same guy says eventually, the market will correct itself so salary might go south.
G
geneticclone
Well 200k is decent as well and thats probably the lowest it would go no?
A lot of practices are structured so that everyone gets roughly the same, with a small bonus for people that take more call, like IR.
After i read your post, I was looking for the salarys of the subspecialities but i couldn't find anything. So if any "kind souls" can help me out here. I would appreciate it very much.
Like I said there is a modest bonus (+/- 5-10%) for those who take more call.
Well 200k is decent as well and thats probably the lowest it would go no?
Only Ms. Cleo has the answer to that one.
G
geneticclone
Lol than i better call her as soon as possible. Thanks for the answer hans.