Radiology code

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Whiskeyjack

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the CPT code for reviewing a radiology image for breast calcs is?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you actually bill for that and get paid?? I have NEVER heard of a pathologist billing that.

Do you actually bill for that and get paid?? I have NEVER heard of a pathologist billing that.
Yup yup... Need a line saying "the radiology image was reviewed".

Members don't see this ad :)
Well you learn something every day. What is the CMS 2014 reimbursement for that?

ug...its 8 bucks....I dont do anything for 8 bucks.

If you're already reading the radiology film as part of your breast case, why not just tack on the billing code for it? Seems worth the $8 for something you're doing anyway.

If you're already reading the radiology film as part of your breast case, why not just tack on the billing code for it? Seems worth the $8 for something you're doing anyway.
Yeah but what are you really adding to the care? Would you want to pay a pathologist an extra 8 bucks because he double checked that there are calcs on the x-Ray.

I guess you know if you are looking for a tiny call or a truckload.

Yeah but what are you really adding to the care? Would you want to pay a pathologist an extra 8 bucks because he double checked that there are calcs on the x-Ray.

I guess you know if you are looking for a tiny call or a truckload.

Welcome to the new breed.... I ain't leaving a dime on the table..