Radiology for Step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drmedstudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm terrible at radiology questions on UWorld, especially reading chest X rays. Is there a good high yield link or resource I can use to study radiology? My exam is soon so i need to scramble...

thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm terrible at radiology questions on UWorld, especially reading chest X rays. Is there a good high yield link or resource I can use to study radiology? My exam is soon so i need to scramble...

thanks!!

THe radiographic images on usmle were not tooo bad. I would actually google search radiology and usmle 2. I found a site a while back showing all the buzz words with an image (i.e. double bubble, thumbprint sign, sail sign, etc) and that was really high yield.

Its usually there to help you. I hardly ever actually "need" the radiology to answer the question, but if you can read it, its usually a give-away. I think UWorld sometimes makes you interpret it just for learning purposes, but I don't remember any question like that on my real test.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its usually there to help you. I hardly ever actually "need" the radiology to answer the question, but if you can read it, its usually a give-away. I think UWorld sometimes makes you interpret it just for learning purposes, but I don't remember any question like that on my real test.

Agree. Its more like "hey, most of the chest is white... almost like a white out...and the dude is sick as poop... oh look, he has ards"

or "hey, one lung looks normal. The other one is half opaque. and he was just shot in the chest. and he's bleeding, maybe the answer is chest tube?"

Completely agree as well! Most of clinical history they give you is enough to solve what you need. Also, they will show images of very characteristic buzzword descriptions. THis would not be what stresses me out on the test. IF the one think you lack is radiology its no biggie!