Radiology Private Practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anbuitachi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if many radiologists start their own practice? I couldn't find much info on google. I'm wondering if to start a practice, they'd have to get machines or do they receive images from places for them to read..? I hear a lot of radiologists working in private practice groups with many radiologists but I don't really hear much of starting a practice and working there by yourself...

Thanks

Also does anyone know of the job market today for radiologists? Lets say you want a job in NYC, how competitive is that? Anyone know of a website for radiology job listings? Thankss

Members don't see this ad.

Interesting question. I am under the impression that you would have to buy your own imaging machines to start a practice, not sure of this though.

For job listings, http://www.radworking.com/jobs/radiology-jobs.html

Urban areas are always very saturated, regardless of the specialty. Doing residency in the area and having connections are key to becoming part of such urban groups.

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably the wrong forum, but a family friend (a radiologist) has a large private practice (with partners), so I guess it's possible.

LOL definitely wrong forum. I tried to find it again and i couldn't find it and I realized i posted it in the wrong placeee!

can a mod move this to allopathic please? thanks

Last edited:
Interesting question. I am under the impression that you would have to buy your own imaging machines to start a practice, not sure of this though.

For job listings, http://www.radworking.com/jobs/radiology-jobs.html

Urban areas are always very saturated, regardless of the specialty. Doing residency in the area and having connections are key to becoming part of such urban groups.

+1. Look up Basha Diagnostics.