Radiology residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MikeTheGipper

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that it varies from program to program but I'm trying to get a general idea about what a radiology residents day is like. I've read a lot of information on other threads about medicine and surgery residents and it seems that the residents in those specialties usually work a 5-6AM to 6-7PM day and also have a fair amount of call. Just wondering what radiology residency would be like.

Members don't see this ad.

Typical day is 8-5. Sometimes we have to get there at 7, never earlier. Occasionally have to stay until 5:30, but that is rare.

Call at most places typically ranges somewhere between every 7-15 nights, which is basically 2-4 calls a month on average. However, most places have gone to a night float system for call, which means you have about a week of nights every 2-4 months on average (same with weekends).

Typical day is 8-5. Sometimes we have to get there at 7, never earlier. Occasionally have to stay until 5:30, but that is rare.

Call at most places typically ranges somewhere between every 7-15 nights, which is basically 2-4 calls a month on average. However, most places have gone to a night float system for call, which means you have about a week of nights every 2-4 months on average (same with weekends).

Normal. Normal. Normal. Normal.

CT Abdomen for what? No, you're not getting that study for that indication. That's ridiculous. That's my machine.

MINE! MINE!

Members don't see this ad :)
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWVgYWHg8Nk[/YOUTUBE]

Favorite part: How is that helpful?