Radiology viewing and archiving software

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrBodacious

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wanted to throw this out there, because as an otolaryngologist, reviewing imaging is huge on my patients. I looked around for a very long time trying to find a program that does a good job of archiving images. There is "Osirix" which is a pretty good software program for archiving imaging studies, but it is only available on Mac.

I have been using Onis for the past 6 months and it is pretty good. It is essentially an affordable PACS system. You could customize it for doing more radiology intensive things, such as multiworkstation servers and such, but the basic program lets you easily load CDs from all my CTs and MRIs in to the archive. I also transfer my in office ultrasound DICOM images into the system. It lets you find and look at the studies really quickly. It is so much better than having a shoe box full of CDs and searching for them and loading them individually.

I don't have any finacial disclosures here, I just found it really hard to find a good program. I must have tried 6-8 different viewing software programs out and most of them were terrible. I think Onis is Japanese owned. http://www.onis-viewer.com/
 
Onis looks pretty good.

As a university-based practioner, I don't have any other options available to me, but I did trial eFilm workstation, and I really liked it as a personal radiology viewer. It cataloged my patients and had tons of options, including 3D rendering, which was nice for trauma.