Radisphere

Started by nycitygas
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nycitygas

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/so...-as-new-radiology-services-partner-2012-09-13

One of my friends told me about this and I found this article online. I'm not trying to troll but am wondering how the hell a teleradiology group takes over a NYC hospital?

There is no shortage of radiologists in the area and I bet radiologists work in the area for half what they could make in BFE. What value could a teleradiology company with a bad track record bring to the hospital? They were probably operating without a subsidy to begin with. Does radisphere offer to kick back money to the hospital or the admin?

I could see this model functioning in BFE where a hospital is forced to pay the group a huge subsidy but not here.
 
The article says nothing about displacing existing rads... Are you sure this is a true takeover rather than just night/weekend coverage? I honestly don't understand how's hospital could function without in house rads