Test Tools RAFFLE! - win our new 3D anatomy product

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraLWW

Vendor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
LWW will give away a 1-year subscription to aclandanatomy.com to 2 lucky members. Winners for the raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

Aclandanatomy.com supports the teaching and learning of anatomy with more than 300 narrated videos of REAL cadaver specimens. Your subscription gives you anytime, anywhere access – from any smartphone or tablet – while search and navigation tools make it easy to find only the content you need for course or exam review.

Take the free trial now & tell us what you think! https://store.aclandanatomy.com/

Be sure to take our student survey for your chance to win an iPad!

Members don't see this ad.

Does this software have a test function that will test you on different structures? Can you move the viewing field around to view structures from different angles?

Does this software have a test function that will test you on different structures? Can you move the viewing field around to view structures from different angles?

Hi! aclandanatomy.com is a truly unique product that allows an unparalled study of anatomy.

Throughout each program there are brief review sections that let you test yourself on what you have seen in the preceding 10-15 minutes.

As you watch, the fact that the specimen rotates lets you to see it as a fully three-dimensional object. Learn how this works. View a sample video clip to experience the impact of this powerful imaging technique.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! aclandanatomy.com is a truly unique product that allows an unparalled study of anatomy.

Throughout each program there are brief review sections that let you test yourself on what you have seen in the preceding 10-15 minutes.

As you watch, the fact that the specimen rotates lets you to see it as a fully three-dimensional object. Learn how this works. View a sample video clip to experience the impact of this powerful imaging technique.

I can definitely see the benefit of this product! Any specific devices or specifications required for hand held devices i.e phones/tablets? Will be pretty cool to get some studying done interactively on a bus rather reading a tect book.

I can definitely see the benefit of this product! Any specific devices or specifications required for hand held devices i.e phones/tablets? Will be pretty cool to get some studying done interactively on a bus rather reading a tect book.

You bet! Here are the device requirements; from personal experience, I can tell you the site renders quite nicely on iPhone and iPad! If you haven't done so already, you can also sign up for the free 48 hour trial to see for yourself. Let us know what you think!

Are there any plans to detach this program from the browser so that one could use it in places without internet access? That would be really awesome

Are there any plans to detach this program from the browser so that one could use it in places without internet access? That would be really awesome

Not as of now but we'll keep your suggestion in mind! aclandanatomy.com is a web-based product, such that an internet connection is required to play the videos. You have a few alternatives if you're frequently in an environment where web access is an issue:

-- download the PDF transcripts of the videos in advance (take the free trial to see how these work)
-- though not available with the unique online features (search functionality/email a clip/etc.) you might consider purchasing the DVD version of the site

We hope this helps and thank you for your feedback!

Last edited:
This seems like it would be really useful! Does it also have descriptions or an audio to go along with the image you're look at?

This seems like it would be really useful! Does it also have descriptions or an audio to go along with the image you're look at?

Hi there! Yes, the site features both a visual and an auditory component: real cadaver specimens in rotating 3D + narrative accompaniment to explain what you're seeing. Check out the free video samples on the site to see this in action! In terms of written descriptions, you can also download the PDF transcripts for each clip.

Probably a bit nit-picky, but are there ever examples of common variations between individuals? Or is there only one example for each organ/nerve/etc?

Besides anatomical identification, do the videos also cover common injuries, clinical correlations and anomalies etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
would LWW be able to over 2 -4 year subscription cycles for the program? What does the internal organs section cover, and what does the trunk cover. I feel like they would overlap in their division of the body. Thanks.

1) Is there a way to aggregate missed quiz questions to make sure we learned them?

2) Are there radiological slides in addition to cadaver photos?

3) Are the innervation, origin, and insertion of muscular structures covered?

would LWW be able to over 2 -4 year subscription cycles for the program? What does the internal organs section cover, and what does the trunk cover. I feel like they would overlap in their division of the body. Thanks.

If you follow this link, you can actually browse a list of all of the videos
http://aclandanatomy.com/ by region. You don't need to register or log in to view.

This is a very new product so we'd have to look into various subscription models.

one thing that would be helpful, i'm not sure if it's already there, is to have arrows pointing at the structures, or circles to highlight the most important parts of the organs.

Do you think that would be a possibility in the near future? aka for this fall?

one thing that would be helpful, i'm not sure if it's already there, is to have arrows pointing at the structures, or circles to highlight the most important parts of the organs.

Do you think that would be a possibility in the near future? aka for this fall?

If you check out the sample videos you'll notice various structures have been both labeled and identified with arrows. Thanks!

Probably a bit nit-picky, but are there ever examples of common variations between individuals? Or is there only one example for each organ/nerve/etc?

Hi again, RedRaider: we double-checked this one with the author, Bob Acland, who had this to say in terms of variations: ".If I had to use a specimen that did not show the normal version of a structure, I would comment on it--e.g., 'this is an unusually small one' or 'usually we'd find four but here there are only two.'" .It should be noted that this is the exception, rather than the rule.. .

Besides anatomical identification, do the videos also cover common injuries, clinical correlations and anomalies etc.

Hi, mddoc--the topics you mention are not covered at this time (apart from the occasional anomaly--see our reply to RedRaider). For clinical correlations you can't beat the 'Blue Boxes' found in Moore's Clinically Oriented Anatomy (COA) and Essential Clinical Anatomy (ECA)--if you use an iPad, check out the Inkling version of ECA!

Best wishes,
LWWsponsor

1) Is there a way to aggregate missed quiz questions to make sure we learned them?

2) Are there radiological slides in addition to cadaver photos?

3) Are the innervation, origin, and insertion of muscular structures covered?

Hi there--some answers to your questions:
1) Select and store those video clips that cover areas you find most challenging. Simply view the clip of your choosing, select 'add to favorites,' and open the My Favorites tab to see it stored there for as long as you'd like, with as many other clips as you see fit to revisit/review!
2) Not at this time, but you can find a wealth of such materials in many of our other titles, including Moore/Clinically Oriented Anatomy.
3) Yes! Innervation/origin/insertion is covered. Take the free trial and have a look/listen for yourself--see below for an excerpt.

From the PDF transcripts:
"Pectoralis major arises from the medial third of the clavicle, from the front of the sternum, and from the front of the first six costal cartilages. It's inserted here, on the anterior edge of the bicipital groove. Pectoralis major is a powerful adductor of the humerus. When its adducting effect is held in check by other muscles, it also produces internal rotation."

I've seen some of the acland videos in the past and the quality is excellent. However, I'm wondering if the current videos are of sufficient detail to be useful for surgical residents or if they are more geared for a medical student's level of detail/interest.

Thanks.

I've seen some of the acland videos in the past and the quality is excellent. However, I'm wondering if the current videos are of sufficient detail to be useful for surgical residents or if they are more geared for a medical student's level of detail/interest.

Thanks.

From the Site:

The Video Atlas was originally intended to be used by individual medical and dental students. Because of its realism, simple language, and three-dimensional quality, the Video Atlas has become popular with students and teachers in many other fields and also with people not on a professional learning path who are looking for information about human anatomy.

Practicing surgeons and physicians value the Video Atlas as a quick way to renew their anatomical knowledge, and also as a way to help their patients understand an ailment, injury, or procedure.

Check out the link for more info

http://aclandanatomy.com/about

Does the program make many clinical correlations or is it more just a good tool for referring to when in need of an image? Would it be appropriate to incorporate into a residency training program?

Does the program make many clinical correlations or is it more just a good tool for referring to when in need of an image? Would it be appropriate to incorporate into a residency training program?

Hi do97jdl! If you're looking for clinical correlations you can't beat the 'Blue Boxes' found in Moore's Clinically Oriented Anatomy (COA) and Essential Clinical Anatomy (ECA)--if you use an iPad, check out the Inkling version of ECA!

You might find Acland to be a practical tool while in residency training... practicing surgeons and physicians value the Video Atlas as a quick way to renew their anatomical knowledge, and also as a way to help their patients understand an ailment, injury, or procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.