Quantcast

Raising GPA before Applying to PostBac Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anonymous01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Does the GPA necessarily need to be raised at the primary institution? For instance, at my primary institution the fee is ridiculous. If I need to raise my GPA, would I have to do it at this specific institution? Could I take it in my hometown (save on living costs and tuition)?

Last edited:

plausible

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the GPA necessarily need to be raised at the primary institution? For instance, my primary institution is a top 20 university, and the fee is ridiculous. If I need to raise my GPA, would I have to do it at this specific institution? Could I take it in my hometown (save on living costs and tuition)? However, my hometown only has community colleges....

I raised my GPA with some upper division courses before applying to post-bac programs. I did not do it at my undergraduate institution, but at an equivalent-level university. I recommend that if you do want to take additional classes to up you GPA, to take classes at a university that is similar or comparable to the university you attended. Usually, community college courses are not considered in the same ballpark as a course in a top 20 university. Good luck.