Ramadan, DAT, Organic Lab. Thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

azk1995

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey's everyone. DAT is Aug 1st. I'm planning on starting prep May11. I'm also enrolled in Organic Lab I from June 5-July 6. However, Ramadan (no food or water from 5am-8pm) starts May 27 this year and the lab schedule is from 10am-2pm Mon-fri. I was wondering if anyone can give some kind of advice on how to tackle DAT prep in that time period. Any advice is greatly appreciated and thank you all in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Studying will be a good distraction from fasting. I plan to study a ton during Ramadan as well. Study in 1-2 hour sessions and take a decent break when (if) you pray to sort of calm your head from all the studying.

I don't recommend it. I took a class last summer and studied for my dat around that time; it was gruesome. I actually had to study after like 8 pm till 5 am and I would feel so tired throughout the day especially with no coffee and no water. I got hella dehydrated.

I took 3 classes last summer and fasted while studying for the DAT, ended up rescheduling my test for January. If you think you can stay focused its definitely possible though.

Reactions: 1 users
I would imagine that would be a very hard thing to do but it seems like people deal with fasting differently. I have had friends who play full soccer games during ramadan and others who become senile haha.