Random Admissions Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OperaticPreOD

Operatic (Pre)Optometrist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

This may not be a unique situation, but I just want to check to be sure. I am planning on applying to optometry schools this fall. I have taken the OAT, did rather well, and will have taken all of my prereqs by then except for microbio. I will be taking that during the fall semester, when I apply. This far, my stats look similar to those who were admitted into schools as early as october. I was wondering: Will the schools wait to admit me until I finish my microbio course? I know this seems kind of an anal question to ask, but my fiancee will be graduating from pharmacy school and she needs to know where to look for a job by December at the latest. Have any of you who have been admitted had prerequisite cousework to finish? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
OperaticPreOD

Members don't see this ad.

they'll admit you before you finish your class. Then, you just have to send them a transcript after you're admitted proving you passed with at least a C.

OperaticPreOD said:
Hello all,

This may not be a unique situation, but I just want to check to be sure. I am planning on applying to optometry schools this fall. I have taken the OAT, did rather well, and will have taken all of my prereqs by then except for microbio. I will be taking that during the fall semester, when I apply. This far, my stats look similar to those who were admitted into schools as early as october. I was wondering: Will the schools wait to admit me until I finish my microbio course? I know this seems kind of an anal question to ask, but my fiancee will be graduating from pharmacy school and she needs to know where to look for a job by December at the latest. Have any of you who have been admitted had prerequisite cousework to finish? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I was accepted by two different schools with pre-reqs outstanding. When I got my acceptance letter, it contained language similar to ". . . this acceptance is contingent upon your successful completion of the following class(es) . . . and will become final upon receipt of updated transcripts showing these classes have been completed . . ."

My application to UMSL was conditionally accepted in spite of a missing psychology class. Likewise, I was conditionally accepted at SCO in spite of the fact they require all science pre-reqs to be < 5 years old (I took Physics I & II "more than a few" years ago)...

You should be fine if your OAT, GPA and extra curricular activities are "in line" with others they accept...

OperaticPreOD said:
Hello all,

Thanks,
OperaticPreOD

I was accepted in October and I also hadn't taken micro yet.