Random airway question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rswan1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently got this question on a test...

The vallecula is a cartilaginous structure- true or false.

I'm curious- how would you answer this question and what is your rationale.

Members don't see this ad.

thank you, I also put false on this question but my professor said it was 'true' I've looked in countless books, articles and even google and cannot find anywhere that says the vallecula is cartilaginous. I've wrote him multiple emails about it and his answer is that he said it in class. Regardless if he said this in class, it is still false. Annoyed.

Members don't see this ad :)
My professor asks clinically irrelevant questions, true or false?

Recently got this question on a test...

The vallecula is a cartilaginous structure- true or false.

I'm curious- how would you answer this question and what is your rationale.

What is he talking about

Please find the vallecular cartilage:

larynxskel1.jpg

What is he talking about

Please find the vallecular cartilage:

larynxskel1.jpg
Thanks for this picture, I'll show it to him. It's frustrating because I have asked him for a resource multiple times and he can't give me one. I hate being that student who argues over test questions but what am I to do when he is wrong? I don't want to keep beating a dead horse because he's not budging and if he asks this question on another exam I stilll think I am going to say false. Forget the points it's principle. It made me really lose respect for him and the program in general.

My professor asks clinically irrelevant questions, true or false?
that was my other argument- why are we even being tested on the vallecula? I Can't wait for clinical a to roll around so I can tell my colleagues how the end of my Mac blade sits in the cartilaginous vallecula.