Random certifications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tommyVoltage

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would any certifications look good to put on the pharmcas application? Like CPR, first aid, etc.
I have all summer to build up my application as much as I can because all I have now is CPhT.
 
I put cpht because it was the only one that really mattered. I don't see how you being cpr certified will help in your acceptance.
 
I don't know how much it would help your app, but MN requires CPR certification after a certain point in the program. It couldn't hurt to have it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would any certifications look good to put on the pharmcas application? Like CPR, first aid, etc.
I have all summer to build up my application as much as I can because all I have now is CPhT.

I have to get CPR-certified in order to start pharmacy school in the fall. It may not improve your application, but you're likely going to need it anyway.
 
Last edited:
Would any certifications look good to put on the pharmcas application? Like CPR, first aid, etc.
I have all summer to build up my application as much as I can because all I have now is CPhT.

They are along the same merits as extracurriculars - they are nice to see, but certainly not required.

Excessive certifications that have zero relationship to your future career choice is a clear sign that pharmacy was not your first career choice. This issue would then have to be addressed at some point in your application.