Random email from UNE Admissions Director?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

azula71

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I’m attending optometry school. I have NEVER applied to pharmacy schools, signed up for more information or contacted schools; none of that. But I got this email this morning:

“Dear (my full name),

You are not a good fit for our pharmacy school. So sorry. Best of luck!

Sincerely,

Rika Judd”

At first I thought it was fake until I googled the name/email address and she came up as the director of admissions for the University of New England College of Pharmacy in Maine. I’m really bothered by the fact that this school has my personal information and has an extremely rude admissions director. How do I go about reporting this school and the unprofessional director for having my information and potentially harassment?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Lordy that must have been someone special to get rejected from pharmacy school in this day and age.

Do you have a potentially common email address? As in, are you firstname/[email protected]? Maybe they were looking for firstname.lastname(minus or plus a letter)@gmail.com. I get emails like that all the time.

I would go ahead and assume you're not nearly important or famous enough for a pharmacy director of admissions to maliciously reach out and troll you.

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t think that’s the case since my full name (that she addressed me by) is unique with a very weird spelling. If you were to google my name, I’m actually the only one that comes up. I also don’t use this email for school or professional things.

Members don't see this ad :)
Reply to them: “So sorry that I am not a good fit. I will be spending my six figures of student loan money elsewhere. Hope you can get enough students to keep your doors open.”

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I don't think this is that big of a deal. This could potentially be a case of identity theft so if I were you, I would be more concerned about how your information got sold or stolen rather than worrying about a rejection email.

This is spam. My university get these more often that I'd like to admit. The person is a faculty member of the school, but the email is totally spam. The IT people send a warning email usually immediately.

They want you to call and argue that you ARE indeed a good fit, and in the 30 seconds it takes you to convince them they will magically have a spot just for YOU! But only if you enroll in the next 5 minutes (and pass the credit check).....

Reactions: 1 users
I’m not sure how it could be spam unless her .edu email was actually hacked—which should be a concern for everyone’s personal information that this school has. It’s definitely her real email address since it’s listed on the school’s website... Which is why I wanted to know how I can report the school for having/buying my personal information but I guess no one knows.

Also, I’m already in optometry school. It’s not my rejection letter like you guys are saying. I never applied to pharmacy schools. But if I did, I would not want anyone to get an unprofessional rejection like this one.

Last edited:
I’d email back saying you never applied

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Seriously just email back and ask them what this email is about since you never applied there.

Reactions: 2 users
Oh and CC dean

I’m not sure how it could be spam unless her .edu email was actually hacked—which should be a concern for everyone’s personal information that this school has. It’s definitely her real email address since it’s listed on the school’s website... Which is why I wanted to know how I can report the school for having/buying my personal information but I guess no one knows.

Also, I’m already in optometry school. It’s not my rejection letter like you guys are saying. I never applied to pharmacy schools. But if I did, I would not want anyone to get an unprofessional rejection like this one.
Here you go

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Well that answers one question. Now the remaining question is how did they get azula71's information?

Well that answers one question. Now the remaining question is how did they get azula71's information?
Well that’s a valid point. Maybe he applied to a UNE program or took a UNE class in the past?

No, I’ve actually never even heard of UNE.

Update: I called the admissions office and told the front desk lady my situation. She instantly transferred me to a voicemail box without even saying anything. I tried calling again but no answer. I guess they just don’t care lol. Supposedly others have gotten the same rejection email followed by an apology email saying:

My apologies for the email you just received. This was a spam email from my inbox and should never have been sent. I am working to resolve the problem on my end. Please reach out if you have questions. Again, my sincere apologies for the error.

Take care,

Rika Judd

I never got this apology email but either way, it doesn’t really make sense. Oh well.

Your information was probably sold to them from somewhere else. Just like how we get random junk catalogs through snail mail.