ckd816

Dick Vet c/o 2015
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 23, 2008
Arizona
Status
Veterinary Student
Did you guys know that the guy who played Charlie in the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is now a vet in New York?! He went to Cornell! Oh, the random things one learns on Facebook while avoiding homework... :D

Does anyone else have any funny vet-related trivia??

cowgirla

Oklahoma 2014
7+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2009
mid-atlantic
Status
Veterinarian
I wouldnt really call this trivia, but if you set your cell phone ring to the sound of a squeaky toy, it will cause your dog to go nuts and run around looking for her ball...

Of course, I would never do such a cruel thing....

Or would I?
;)

But yeah, Peter Ostrum, the Charlie, is a vet in Glenfield, NY. Also known as the middle of freakin' no where :) I don't remember where I learned that.

twelvetigers

stabby cat
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2008
TTown
Status
Veterinarian
Makes me want to find his clinic and then just bust through the door and go, "I'VE GOT A GOLDEN TICKET, I'VE GOT A GOLDEN TWINKLE IN MY EYE..." and then just turn around and walk back out. :hungover:

Last edited:

cowgirla

Oklahoma 2014
7+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2009
mid-atlantic
Status
Veterinarian
Makes me want to find his clinic and then just bust through the door and go, "I'VE GOT A GOLDEN TICKET, I'VE GOT A GOLDEN TWINKLE IN MY EYE..." and the. Just turn around and walk back out. :hungover:

According to google, it's only five hours from my house...might be worth a trip!

BlacKAT33

UPenn c/o 2014!! :)
Jul 1, 2009
Status
Veterinary Student
Makes me want to find his clinic and then just bust through the door and go, "I'VE GOT A GOLDEN TICKET, I'VE GOT A GOLDEN TWINKLE IN MY EYE..." and the. Just turn around and walk back out. :hungover:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: omg sooo f'in funny!!! tearss!!!!

smilin1590

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2009
Status
Pre-Veterinary
He got Willy Wonka's factory and got to be a vet? He's living my dreams LOL! That's so weird, I guess acting took him places...then again I'd rather be a vet than an actor too;)

P.S. I started busting out laughing when I read twelvetigers post :laugh: