Random MCAT inquiry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Somewhat random question, help from one wiser than me would calm my worries

So my pre-med advisor told me a while back that there are a certain numer of seats reserved at my school for graduate something students (I cant remember exactly what she said). These students arent taking the MCAT but they occupy some seats that would otherwise be used for the MCAT. I wanted to take it in at the end of May (next spring) but she told me that and advised me to take it in June. I thought that registration for MCAT seats was first come, first serve and it was separate from all other types of examinations?? I want to be completed ASAP when I start the application processes, so her saying that kinda pissed me off haha.

I want to register for my original dates anyway....when you register for the MCAT do they have you put down "back-up" dates and/or test locations that you would be ok with if your first choice wasnt available. I'm gonna sign up the first second I can possibly sign up when I can, but you never know.....

Members don't see this ad.

Somewhat random question, help from one wiser than me would calm my worries

So my pre-med advisor told me a while back that there are a certain numer of seats reserved at my school for graduate something students (I cant remember exactly what she said). These students arent taking the MCAT but they occupy some seats that would otherwise be used for the MCAT. I wanted to take it in at the end of May (next spring) but she told me that and advised me to take it in June. I thought that registration for MCAT seats was first come, first serve and it was separate from all other types of examinations?? I want to be completed ASAP when I start the application processes, so her saying that kinda pissed me off haha.

I want to register for my original dates anyway....when you register for the MCAT do they have you put down "back-up" dates and/or test locations that you would be ok with if your first choice wasnt available. I'm gonna sign up the first second I can possibly sign up when I can, but you never know.....

I'm confused by your pre-med advisor's answer. Your school and administration has no control over who gets what test spot. If you want to take the MCAT in May, then sign up for a may spot. It's up to the AAMC and how quick you are with registering that determines when you will take your exam. GL!

I'm confused by your pre-med advisor's answer. Your school and administration has no control over who gets what test spot. If you want to take the MCAT in May, then sign up for a may spot. It's up to the AAMC and how quick you are with registering that determines when you will take your exam. GL!

Only thing I can think of is that the adviser is referring to the test center having X slots, and (if it's similar to the test center near me) some people there are sitting for DAT, Series 6, GRE or whatever other test, and that physically there are only so many seats available with computers.

I'd agree with the posting above, sign up for when you want. When I signed up, I found right away that the day/time that I selected were available.

Thanks for the responses....I still dont quite understand it but oh well. I'll be signing up at 12:00 a.m. the day registration opens up!!!:thumbup: