Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part 6

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted106503

Welcome to Part 6! Everyone did a bang up job by hitting 10k in less than 12 days--11 days 19 hours and 18 minutes to be exact. A new record! :D

For those not familiar with what we do here, Molly has been kind enough to put together a nice description.

MollyMalone said:
Not sure what the Random thread is all about? Well, here's the answer to all your questions.

It's basically a restaurant. That serves breaststicks. And lots of cute fruit and veggies. And is patronized by a HO. And Tucker Carlson. Vin Diesel, too. Lots of race car drivers eat here, as well. We're very well respected by the Amish... one girl in particular is here almost all the time.

The food is great if you're low on iron. It's not on the menu, but you can ask about the special secret garlic cure home recipe. One of the hostesses often makes weather predictions, but she's not always around. I think she has another job with the government. Or a government. Something like that. One of the other hostesses says "Bitch, please," a lot, but she's joking... don't take it personally.

Forget anything you've heard about the girl who died here from arsenic poisoning. That was a long time ago, and she's still alive, anyway... just busy so she doesn't come in as much. Besides, a little arsenic adds a lot of flavor to just about any dish.

Pretty flowers by the entrance, hey? Lilis, they are. Beautiful. And the music is totally hopping... we have our very own DJ. Looks a little like Brad Pitt.

I guess that's pretty much all you need to know. I'm usually in the corner booth over there drinking a nice glass of wine. You're welcome to join me, anytime. We're open 24/7.

And the final tally from Part 5:

WilliamsF1 2,128
RAD11 1,484
Nikki2002 587
jlw9698 458
Anastasis 410
mshheaddoc 384
Dr Durden 367
Arsenic 366
MollyMalone 362
supernova33418 355
beary 353
megboo 259
ironmanf14 252
oxeye 242
BrettBatchelor 240
da_donut 193
Crazy Canuck 184
QofQuimica 184
Dr. Pepper 180
scentimint 162
EvoDevo 147
lilithny 128
UMP 117
TypeA 108
AWhitehair 104
Teerawit 87
Tanner82 79
abadri421 45
DRKUBA 44
gujuDoc 31
Cozmosis 23
leesh 7
dr.kicia 1
X_Marker 1
ylitia 1
bananaface 1
MicroBugs 1
Noeljan 1
Jacks Mannequin 1

We've been through highs and lows in Part 5. From the final matches of Andre Agassi's career to the loss of the World's friend, Mr. Steve Irwin. May he rest in piece.

With all that said, let the green flag wave! Boogity Boogity Boogity!!!

greenflagwaveqk5.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For posterity:

500: Chariots of Fire
1000: Eye of the Tiger
2000: Overture of 1812 (with emphasis on cannons)
3000: Tchaikovsky's First Piano Concerto
4000: Livin' on a Prayer
5000: 5,000 Miles
7500: Another One Bites the Dust
10K: We Will Rock You
15K: William Tell Overture
20K: Celebration
30K: We Are the Champions

I think we've all earned a post-whoring respite.

To naps, errands, and yes, even work!

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay...now off to dinner.....cya all post-****** laters!!!!!!!

Welcome to Part 6! Everyone did a bang up job by hitting 10k in less than 12 days--11 days 19 hours and 18 minutes to be exact. A new record! :D

For those not familiar with what we do here, Molly has been kind enough to put together a nice description....

nice intro will! :D

wow I didn't realize my last post in thread part 5 was the 10073 post. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You guys are funny!!!!!

Oh shoot, I missed the closing of part 5! I am disappointed in my 11th place showing in that thread. Must post more. :D

My next two rotations will be good for posting. :thumbup:

I have brought my laptop downstairs and am sitting here on my butt in the living room while my parents work on our new curtains. :oops:

24 hours until my brother, SIL, and niece get here!! :clap:

Artificial heart approved

Interesting news story. You sure would think that with all the rejection problems, etc. with transplants that artificial hearts would be better. But obviously they're not. Cool technology though.

9791119_240X180.jpg

this story makes me so happy, can you imagine? who knows what we'll have 10, 20 years from now if this is what we have today. stuff like this REALLY makes me excited about medicine!

LMAO A-man!!! Posterior with inverted colors, ahahhaha! :laugh:

thanks will, i should have done it the day beary started using the anterior cervix line.... it so fits with my current rotation... the posterior cervix really is the other half. :laugh:

watch her have just decided to change her avatar today though. :(

thanks will, i should have done it the day beary started using the anterior cervix line.... it so fits with my current rotation... the posterior cervix really is the other half. :laugh:

watch her have just decided to change her avatar today though. :(

Nope, not a chance. I am the anterior cervix and Uma for as long as you will be my other half. ;)

:laugh: Best avatar ever. I love it!! :thumbup:

Best wishes on your studying! You are almost done with the worst rotation in all of med school, young eagle!! :clap:

i REALLY REALLY lucked out with my residents beary. i was in line at the cafeteria today with my 3rd year resident from Gyn Oncology and she just bought me lunch with that meal card the hospital gives them for a ton of free food. that was sooooooo sweet. my chief resident from Gyn did the same thing 2 weeks ago! either I look really poor.... (shut up).... or I'm right and I really really lucked out. :love:

the hours totally suck yes, but this rotation was made tolerable and even yes... ENJOYABLE because of these people. what a great group.

just so you guys know who's who. :laugh:

i just feel silly after having done well on the oral, it made my day. forgive me for my crazyness.

Lol, too funny!

Dayum, you killed the last thread and I missed it. How long did it last...like 2 weeks? :laugh:

this story makes me so happy, can you imagine? who knows what we'll have 10, 20 years from now if this is what we have today. stuff like this REALLY makes me excited about medicine!

And population growth :thumbup:

just so you guys know who's who. :laugh:

i just feel silly after having done well on the oral, it made my day. forgive me for my crazyness.

That is the funniest thing ever. I ink anterior and posterior different colors. From now on, I will say, the anterior, now designated beary, is inked blue. The posterior, now designated Arsenic, is inked green. :laugh:

Why, oh why does the Bio dept hate me so? 2 Bio exams on the same day? Gee, I am giddy with anticipation. :barf:

An 8/17 submitter just got verified and mine at 8/10 is still in limbo! I guarantee I have one of the easiest apps to verify in the entire applicant pool too. Aargh! :mad:

/rant