Random question for UHCO students

Started by dawn05
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dawn05

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be at UHCO this fall 🙂
I just turned 25 so got kicked off of my parent's insurance.
I was wondering if I should wait til I get to Houston to get health insurance and if so, which one do u guys reccomend? is there an option to get it from the school? I hope this is not a silly question. I have to think about insurance already b/c I have get those stupid immunizations signed off. btw, do u have to renew the hapatitis b shots? I got my series in 98, is it still good? please let me know
 
I got the health insurance through the school.

If you've had hep b shots you have to get a titer stating you have immunity. (I believe you can get this done pretty inexpensive at planned parenthood)
 
i inquired about health insurance at UH last week and it's $420 per semester. when you pay the $420 in january for spring it counts towards the summer that follows as well. you can visit the health center on campus for more detailed information or go to http://www.uh.edu/admin/hc/
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
humperdoodle said:
i inquired about health insurance at UH last week and it's $420 per semester. when you pay the $420 in january for spring it counts towards the summer that follows as well. you can visit the health center on campus for more detailed information or go to http://www.uh.edu/admin/hc/
That’s what I’ve got.
The only bad thing that I have seen about it is that you have to see a doctor at the clinic that they have on campus (which is only open on weekdays); you cannot pick your own doctor.

On the other hand, co-pay for consultations is only $10 (Kaiser-Permanente charges me $30)
 
dawn05 said:
I will be at UHCO this fall 🙂
I just turned 25 so got kicked off of my parent's insurance.
I was wondering if I should wait til I get to Houston to get health insurance and if so, which one do u guys reccomend? is there an option to get it from the school? I hope this is not a silly question. I have to think about insurance already b/c I have get those stupid immunizations signed off. btw, do u have to renew the hapatitis b shots? I got my series in 98, is it still good? please let me know

Hi Dawn, I am f-27 and will be in houston as well. If you like we can exchange info. My e-mail is [email protected]. See you. 🙂