Random question I would love some help with

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ClubbedPenguins

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am super grateful to have received acceptances at Creighton, OHSU, Midwestern Az, and ASDOH and I’m hoping to make my decision about where to attend soon. Does anyone know if any of these schools offer discounted tuition if my spouse decided to work for the university? Or if I was to work as a TA while in dental school?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Your spouse would need to contact HR to see if any discounted tuition could be applied to you. I doubt it would be retroactive, so do that soon. Working as a TA during dental school likely goes under a work-study category of your financial aid; check financial aid.

Reactions: 1 user
Your spouse would need to contact HR to see if any discounted tuition could be applied to you. I doubt it would be retroactive, so do that soon. Working as a TA during dental school likely goes under a work-study category of your financial aid; check financial aid.
Thank you! Do you know if it’s possible for me to get instate tuition at OHSU since I’m an Arizona resident and we don’t have a public dental school year? I looked into the PSEP program but that requires that I have lived in Arizona for 5 years and I have only been here for 3 (I lived in Oregon my entire life previous to moving to Az).

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you graduate from a university in Oregon? High school? I see the domicility policy for OHSU (which I don't think you qualify for, but I didn't read carefully)... but you should contact them. I do see the Oregon Heritage Policy which you could qualify for (for admissions preference).

Did you graduate from a university in Oregon? High school? I see the domicility policy for OHSU (which I don't think you qualify for, but I didn't read carefully)... but you should contact them. I do see the Oregon Heritage Policy which you could qualify for (for admissions preference).
Yep, I lived in Oregon from preschool all the way through college. I believe I did get the admissions preference which is nice but the tuition is the real kicker.