random question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bajoneswadup

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I ran across this the other day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHV_GSpsD1k&feature=related

Does this have any merit?! I've never heard about B17 before, but the series makes a pretty compelling argument to start eating apple seeds... What do you guys think:)

Members don't see this ad.

Didnt watch the whole thing, but there were some very iffy assertions made early on. Like the reason white blood cells dont attack trophoblasts is that they both have a negative electrostatic charge and therefore they repel each other magnetically :confused:

Didnt watch the whole thing, but there were some very iffy assertions made early on. Like the reason white blood cells dont attack trophoblasts is that they both have a negative electrostatic charge and therefore they repel each other magnetically :confused:

Yeah I mean I don't know much about how white blood cells work, but the stuff about how B17 is toxic to trophoblasts is very interesting.... You'd think more than 3,000 people would have seen or heard of this sort of thing if it were true though. Maybe it's one of those things that is very hard to prove..

Members don't see this ad :)
Very interesting, thx for sharing.
I'm not sure about that negative charge thing.
I've been told recently that new research shows that cancer cells kick out protons and are acidic.
This video also looks about 30 years old.

As I said before, a lot of things sound fishy about this video. I finally watched more of it... theres mention that an enzyme exists in the body in everywhere except this trophoblast-mimicking cancer which neutralizes cyanide into a nutrient of some sort... If that were the case, cyanide would not be poisonous, rather it would be healthful eating. A little research revealed this:

http://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJM198201283060403

No substantive benefit was observed in terms of cure, improvement, or stabilization of cancer, improvement of symptoms related to cancer, or extension of life span. The hazards of amygdalin therapy were evidenced in several patients by symptoms of cyanide toxicity or by blood cyanide levels approaching the lethal range. Patients exposed to this agent should be instructed about the danger of cyanide poisoning, and their blood cyanide levels should be carefully monitored. Amygdalin (Laetrile) is a toxic drug that is not effective as a cancer treatment.

tl;dr:

I call BS :bullcrap::bullcrap:

As I said before, a lot of things sound fishy about this video. I finally watched more of it... theres mention that an enzyme exists in the body in everywhere except this trophoblast-mimicking cancer which neutralizes cyanide into a nutrient of some sort... If that were the case, cyanide would not be poisonous, rather it would be healthful eating. A little research revealed this:

http://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJM198201283060403

tl;dr:

I call BS :bullcrap::bullcrap:

Yes, BS.