Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just walked out of the theater and my only complaint is that I wanted much moar Ant-man.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I love the fact that Spider Man is an actual teenager. That Empire Strikes Back line was gold.

Reactions: 3 users
It's ok. Black panther is gonna get his own movie!!!!!!! Yay!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was hoping! Yay!
I love the fact that Spider Man is an actual teenager. That Empire Strikes Back line was gold.
My bf was like "I was waiting for the Star Wars reference and they did not disappoint." So very pleased.

I thought I said this here, but looking through my list of posts, I don't see it so

Older kiddo update:
- Her MRI was to check for a Chiari malformation or Moya Moya. Neither were found.
- They did find arachnoid cysts in her brain (not abnormal)
- They also found a malformation of part of her inner ear that may explain the balance problem, but not why it suddenly started along with severe OSA, left sided facial changes, hearing and vision changes, and potentially some mental and behavioral changes (that can't be verified because of the hell she went through in the fall school situation).

They were so sure of Chiari too. She even has decreased sensitivity in some of her distal limbs.

So now we just watch and wait to see if she shows another sign or symptom that will clue us in as to what this is that looks so much like one of the life altering/threatening syndromes, but doesn't have the physical characteristics.

While we move. And change insurance and doctors. This is gonna be smooth...:uhno:

I thought I said this here, but looking through my list of posts, I don't see it so

Older kiddo update:
- Her MRI was to check for a Chiari malformation or Moya Moya. Neither were found.
- They also found a malformation of part of her inner ear that may explain the balance problem, but not why it suddenly started along with severe OSA, left sided facial changes, hearing and vision changes, and potentially some mental and behavioral changes (that can't be verified because of the hell she went through in the fall school situation).

They were so sure of Chiari too. She even has decreased sensitivity in some of her distal limbs.

So now we just watch and wait to see if she shows another sign or symptom that will clue us in as to what this is that looks so much like one of the life altering/threatening syndromes, but doesn't have the physical characteristics.

While we move. And change insurance and doctors. This is gonna be smooth...:uhno:
Good luck with all of it. Your family is in my thoughts!

Reactions: 1 user

Older kiddo update:

i've heard with chiari that they sometimes need to do upright MRI to be most accurate

i've heard with chiari that they sometimes need to do upright MRI to be most accurate
I've heard that too. They just had her laid down. They'd have to strap her upright to do it. She doesn't sit still at age 5. (Actually they knocked her out with propofol to send this back to an earlier conversation)

So in general, we are just going to watch and see if she continues to get worse and make me prove it all over again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who has me on facebook? Look at the comments on my latest picture. I'm crying

Oh god... "I thought that's what you were already doing?" Why don't people understand how much it takes to become a vet?

My fave was "theyre REALLY letting you take 25 hours!?" yeah, by my own voltiton, yep.

I tried to mess with that first one a bit, but I just made it worse.

Went to the mall tonight after I got off work and had some girl who was maybe ten tell me she liked my scrub top. Only she said "I like your shirt!" so it took me a few seconds to catch on that she was talking to me. (tbh it is a pretty cute scrub top, it's this one: http://www.uniformadvantage.com/pages/prod/dog-parade-navy-print-top.asp?1=1&) She asked if I was a nurse and when I said "no, I'm a vet tech" I'm not sure if she knew what that is. :p She was like "oh. Well I want to be a nurse when I grow up!"

@batsenecal @pinkpuppy9 @heyyimhayley That was me that just friend-requested you guys, because you're who I could find a while back from APVMA. :p If anyone else wants to be friends hit me up!

ETA: I added a few other people as well based on mutual friends with Hayley and Rocky!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I'm awaiting friend requests from a few of you guys still! :p I'm pretty entertaining and try not to post anything political, plus 90% of my pics are of my beautiful dogs, so you have nothing to lose.
Hint: there's a red fox in my profile pic.

Here come the class of 2021 applicant threads!! :love::clap:

I'm awaiting friend requests from a few of you guys still! :p I'm pretty entertaining and try not to post anything political, plus 90% of my pics are of my beautiful dogs, so you have nothing to lose.
Hint: there's a red fox in my profile pic.
I found you!

Are we FB friends? I just tried to find you but I'm confused. I also just sent like 10 FB requests to various SDNers, some of which I'm super excited about! :smuggrin:

We are! Want me to message you?

Hey guys if you send my a FB friend request, please send me a message telling me who you are. Or else you will sit in pending purgatory forever.

There are a few people in my "People You May Now" that I now have a bunch of mutual friends with, but I cannot figure out who you are for the life of me. :thinking:

Same! I accept people if they're obviously SDNers but I do really appreciate a message with who you are.
How do you know if they're obvious SDNers?

Edit: don't answer that. I just realized it's because everyone's mutual friends with each other.

Fear not, you'll probably figure out who I am. However if you do add me, and your name is slightly more ambiguous than mine, please drop me a message telling me who you are :) I'll add anyone though (LIS has been a FB friend for years now... scary huh?)

Rocky, message me too! I don't remember who you are!

Who has me on facebook? Look at the comments on my latest picture. I'm crying
Haha, why do so many ppl not know that vet school is just like med school, but for animals. I'm always amazed when someone asks about vet school, and they're flabbergasted that it's 4 whole years in addition to undergrad.

I guess bc most of us have wanted to do this for a while, we've all gotten used to the expectations. But it still doesn't explain why outsiders, have you, can't seem to imagine vet school being as hard, or harder than med school. Even when I was little, my parents would ask me if I was prepared to be in school for 8 more years. My initial response was no :laugh:

@batsenecal @pinkpuppy9 @heyyimhayley That was me that just friend-requested you guys, because you're who I could find a while back from APVMA. :p If anyone else wants to be friends hit me up!

ETA: I added a few other people as well based on mutual friends with Hayley and Rocky!

I actually just recently dropped the APVMA facebook page. I was done with the repetition and that one dude cussing at every opportunity. The search function was amazingly under utilized......

I actually just recently dropped the APVMA facebook page. I was done with the repetition and that one dude cussing at every opportunity. The search function was amazingly under utilized......

I like how the more said person posted, the less attention he got. My favorite is when he disrespected the Ross recruiter. "why would I settle for Ross!?" SMH...

Anyways, APVMA is super annoying now that VMCAS has opened.

It took 12 hours of terrible investigation, but I finally found it. And that's absolutely hilarious! My favorite comment is "starting at 7:30???"

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yep. Lol. It's honestly not with trying to make people understand.