Randome Questions!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arooga

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
I am sorry if the questions were asked before, I tried to search them but i couldn't find them. If any find the link post it for me please.

1- Whats the difference between the primary and secondary application?
2- What is a supplemental application ?
3- Does anyone know what kind of loans international students use ? Most of the ones posted here are for US citizens.

Thanks everyone:D

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys
I am sorry if the questions were asked before, I tried to search them but i couldn't find them. If any find the link post it for me please.

3- Does anyone know what kind of loans international students use ? Most of the ones posted here are for US citizens.

1. The primary application is the AACOMAS application. You fill it out and wait 4-6 weeks after submission of the app, your transcripts, and your money for them to verify your grades. Then they send it to your schools. The application includes all personal info, your personal statement, all grades from all colleges, and descriptions of your extra curricular activities.

2. The schools you designate on AACOMAS get your primary application. After they determine that you're qualified (some don't do this, check here), they'll send you a secondary/supplemental application (these two terms are synonymous). This will usually ask to restate old info from your AACOMAS app and often will ask a few short essay questions. See this post. They usually require $40-$200 (avg =~$70) to consider your application complete, after they receive your primary app, secondary app, letters of recommendation, and money. Now you wait for an interview invite.

3. I have no idea and will defer to others.

1- Primary applications are sent to schools through AACOMAS. You go to the website fill out your application, send them your transcripts, check which schools you want it sent to and it is then sent to these schools.

Secondary applications are the same as supplemental applications. These are sent to you by each school and are specific to that school. They usually send you these after they receive your primary application from AACOMAS.

3- I can't comment on the different loans to foreign students...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys

1. The primary application is the initial application you send out to the schools (such as AMCAS and AACOMAS) to let them know you are applying to them. Once they have acknowledged receiving your primary, you will usually be allowed to fill out a secondary application, which requires a fee to be paid before the schools decide whether or not to give you an interview. Some secondaries are screened (meaning that they are only sent to students that qualify) and most, I believe, are not.

2. A supplemental application is just another term for a secondary application. Same thing.

3. Sorry; don't know about this one. :D

Darn it; I just realized I posted the same stuff as the previous two...

Thanks u all for all ur info, U guys ROCK:p
The primary can be only filled out depending on each school when they start accepting application, is that correct?

The primary can be only filled out depending on each school when they start accepting application, is that correct?

Not necessarily. The primary is through AACOMAS and they will open the next application cycle sometime next May. It can then be submitted in late May/ early June and at that point it goes out to all the schools you clicked the box on. From that point when you receive secondaries can be variant depending on how on the ball each schools admissions are. For instance I think this year Touro NV gave out some interviews as early as August.